Miniseries : D.B. Cooper Case Closed ? Sunday July 10 on History

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was excited to see the show, it was interesting, it fell short in the end. From what I understand they had a ton of good DB Cooper fingerprints from when he was on the plane, which would eliminate all of the top suspects and the fakers claiming to be Cooper. If that is true he must of went through life never being fingerprinted before and after the hijacking if he survived the jump. I have a question I do not know the answer too, they all claim Cooper had Military experience in Planes and Jumping. Ok did they or did they not fingerprint all people that joined the Military back then ? I just wonder, if they did fingerprint all Military when they joined, he was not from the Military.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They never found the chute either.... right? If so the chute had to be buried or hidden somehow. If he died during the jump the chute would have been found by now.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True Limit, they need to get a massive group Metal Detecting Hunt in the path of his suspected jump area and find it, I am sure it would have some kind of metal rings that would show up on a detector. Unless he was good enough to have took it with him, he could of had a car parked near his jump. Like I said he would of had to of been that calculated. Another thing that baffles me is the rest of the marked money, other then what the campers found never showed up anywhere.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
They never found the chute either.... right? If so the chute had to be buried or hidden somehow. If he died during the jump the chute would have been found by now.
The money was found on the banks of the Columbia River. It is probable/possible the chute went into the Columbia or was sunk there.

Personally, I think he died exiting the plane. I think he would have taken the loot had he still been alive.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The money was found on the banks of the Columbia River. It is probable/possible the chute went into the Columbia or was sunk there.

Personally, I think he died exiting the plane. I think he would have taken the loot had he still been alive.

from the way the money looked on the show. it was not in the ground for all those years.

as for the rest it could have been laundered outside the country,
and what little leaked back in, never checked.

perhaps also it was never meant to be spent.

Only thing I'm sure of, his last name was Not "Cooper" & I doubt D.A. were his initials Also.

Why would a Hijacker Give his Real name ?

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
from the way the money looked on the show. it was not in the ground for all those years.

:laughing7: money is not "paper" it's made out of linen. That's why everybody / anybody can wash it over and over in the laundry or it can stay in the elements for years and it's still "money". It's hard to destroy the fabric / silk let alone get the ink off the fabric. While "washing" the ink off the fabric 100% is possible (actually easy) mother nature will never do it. What showed up in the Columbia river is totally possible and probably feasible / did happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: money is not "paper" it's made out of linen. That's why everybody / anybody can wash it over and over in the laundry or it can stay in the elements for years and it's still "money". It's hard to destroy the fabric / silk let alone get the ink off the fabric. While "washing" the ink off the fabric 100% is possible (actually easy) mother nature will never do it. What showed up in the Columbia river is totally possible and probably feasible / did happen.

You know more about chickens I think.

I disagree. it still turns into a Petrified Block of moldy Mush over the years.
It can be brought back by professionals, But it still
cannot be separated easily like the Bills in your wallet if buried out in the elements
for many years.

however since arguing shows personal doubt.
and since I have no personal doubt.

I'm done on that subject
laughing7.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only 5800 Dollars was found, 200,000 Dollars came off that plane, where is the rest of the loot, lol ?

I believe that was a Payout for Helping d.b pull it off.
perhaps this guy was his ground crew, or he helped him after the fact
and was given a thank you amount of cash.

but knowing the odds were the money was marked he was hoping he could make money finding
it and turning it in. so he planted it and let his kid be the discoverer.
there was no way the kid could be suspected or charged

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread