proud grandpa

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ATW just learned Akira is the starting pitcher, no pressure there!!!!!!!!.....Joe

Here are the results for Akira.....Three innings pitched, one unearned run, of the nine outs "seven were strikeouts", one at bat, a drive up the middle for an RBI.

Beer is on me boys and girls, CHEERS!!!!!!!!.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H Everybody,
A great update on Akira. She has been a starting pitcher for the U. S. Elite team now for about a month in Championship tournaments and has won every start, averaging about 10 strikeouts per game.
Yesterday instead Akira starting the game against a team from long island the coach started his son. they lost the game. Today Akira started against the same long island and pitched a one hit complete game.
Revenge is so sweet sometimes.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rustygold, the website" Elite championship tournament baseball" usually has the schedules and results or you can join the u s elite baseball community and see the results.....Joe McDonough

Rustygold you can see her in action at the ripken tournament by searching you tube U S Elite Baseball, there is a 8 minute slide show from the tournament.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Dr. Syn, I just got confirmation from U. S. Elite Baseball that Akira is the very first female to make the team, a great achievement.....Joe McDonough

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
That is wonderful.. both of my daughters had amazing pitch reflexes (as they used to call them)but alas it was a man's world so no further did they go with their wants. I hope your granddaughter continues her wish to be. IT would be amazing to see (hint: any videos?>:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can see Akira in a slide show from the Cal Ripken tournament by searching you tube for U.S.Elite 9/10 9/11.....Joe Mcdonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All Akira and U.S. Elite will be playing in Bally Pa. this weekend for the Columbus day bash. Anyone interested in seeing some good baseball might want to see a game or two.....Joe McDonough

Okay boys and girls, Akira caught in the first game today, a 12-0 shutout. Second game just finished 11-1. Don't know what position Akira played yet.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Akira and u.s. elite are the only undefeated team in this weeks tournament at 2-0 and should be the #1 seed in championship play tomorrow,,,,,Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here we go buys and girls,
Akira and U.S.Elite results yesterday 12-0 11-1. Today results 17-0 10-0 championship game is underway. U.S. elite 50-1 over their opponents so far.....Joe McDonough

Okay guys U.s Elite bit the bullet in the championship game losing 7-6. As soon as I get the details I will let you all know.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, here is the details from Akira's mom. Akira played great, hit great and played catcher and first base this weekend. With three shutouts in five games I guess she did very well catching.....Joe mcDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All, I believe this weekend the tournament is at Rehoboth beach called Sports at the Beach. I will update as the info comes in.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okay guys and gals, first game ocver at Sports at the Beach tournament, Akira and U S Elite win 10-5.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Don, I just want to share a great adventure with all of you, my granddaughter has already made history being the only female player to make the U S Elite team and being such a large part of their success is doubly wonderful.
Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great news guys and gals, second game results U S Elite 9, delaware blue hens 4, DBH has been their nemesis, sweet win by U S Elite, details as they arrive.....Joe McDonough

Akira caught the first game, 10-5 win, played first base the second game, 9-4 win two singles and two walks, a great day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Akira and U S Elite won the quarter-final game 15-0 and are playing the semi-final game now. details as I get them.....Joe McDonough

Okay this one is going to hurt. Akira and U S Elite lost the semi-final 22-4, they got bombed! Details as they emerge.
Okay All I got from my daughter was, " Akira played great as usual", I think they may not be happy with coaching decisions, just a guess.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Akira and U S Elite play their last fall tournament in Flemington N.J Saturday and Sunday. This is the Diamond Nation tournament. I hope some of you local baseball fans in Flemington N.J. get a chance to see her in action. Best wishes.....Joe McDonough

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great news. Congrats on having such a blessed Grand daughter. I wish her the most successful outcome she can achieve.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions