How to deal with spiders?

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I usually just break of a limb or use a small bush reach forward and swirl it around and then through it out of the way .

OP
OP
Jluv

Jluv

Jun 29, 2016
Fort Carson, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 101 Bounty Hunter, Whites TDI Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to wear military gear incase they fight back

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Golden Orb Spiders... overcome your fear through education. Scary looking but harmless. Sawmill is right on track, use a stick to knock them down.

OP
OP
Jluv

Jluv

Jun 29, 2016
Fort Carson, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okk

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you learned the language of the spiders?

They might just move if you ask them nicely.

Failing that-

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 5.10.49 PM.png

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Virtually ALL of the spiders you will meet out on a creek will be good, beneficial spiders and of no danger to you. You'd be totally amazed at how many "bad bugs" those guys get! If you have to knock a web down, try to make sure the spider doesn't get caught in that web. I mean, how are they supposed to explain getting caught in their own trap at the next lodge meeting?!?!? :tongue3:

OP
OP
Jluv

Jluv

Jun 29, 2016
Fort Carson, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Virtually ALL of the spiders you will meet out on a creek will be good, beneficial spiders and of no danger to you. You'd be totally amazed at how many "bad bugs" those guys get! If you have to knock a web down, try to make sure the spider doesn't get caught in that web. I mean, how are they supposed to explain getting caught in their own trap at the next lodge meeting?!?!? :tongue3:

Lol

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay out of the woods if you feel the need to destroy every living thing in your path. Destroying a spider's web that took hours to make is lousy. If it's not possible to go around them, find another spot where the creatures of this Earth don't get in your way. It's called coexisting with nature...

OP
OP
Jluv

Jluv

Jun 29, 2016
Fort Carson, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay out of the woods if you feel the need to destroy every living thing in your path. Destroying a spider's web that took hours to make is lousy. If it's not possible to go around them, find another spot where the creatures of this Earth don't get in your way. It's called coexisting with nature...
Shh

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I generally leave spiders alone, UNLESS they are in the house. I'm allergic to bugs, including spiders. Swell up really bad.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Pet them? Are you talking spiders or scorpions? :laughing7:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I generally leave spiders alone, UNLESS they are in the house. I'm allergic to bugs, including spiders. Swell up really bad.

You mean that cat doesn't take care of them for you? Spiders, centipedes and flies are dispatched quickly at my house by the ace bug killer cat.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if you have allergy's to bug bites --orb weavers bites which are generally not that dangerous to most humans (similar to a bee sting--can be a very big deal) ...oddly the orb weavers eat huge amounts of the bugs that would otherwise bother you ... so you might not want to kill them ... and you might just find a way around the webbing or only destroy what tiny amount you need to get by / thru

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread