Another use for your pinpointer - Birdshot.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do the same thing with all my game birds and rabbits. Saved me from a cracked tooth or two a few times

Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny story... When I first bought my pinpointer and whenever I explain what it is to people, I jab it into my face and it beeps. I have two tooth implants. I also had one guy take a look at the pinpointer and put it near his chest to find his pacemaker. :laughing7:

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone posted here he used his pinpointer to help a farmer to find a cow who had iron supplement or something similar (think it was called a bolus). The farmer could not believe it, saved him a lot of trouble. I thought it was pretty cool.
I used my detector once on my dog, my wife was certain that "Lucky" had swallowed a battery but was not the case.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1881, Alexander Graham Bell invented the 1st metal detector. As President James Garfield lay dying of an assassin's bullet, Alexander Graham Bell, hurriedly invented a crude metal detector in an unsuccessful attempt to locate the fatal slug. The metal detector worked correctly but the metal coil spring bed Garfield was laying on confused the detector.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best stud finder ever too. I have thick plaster walls and my Propointer works wonderfully to find the studs. Lent it to the electrician when he showed up to put in a ceiling fan and didn't bring his stud finder along, and have used it myself when installing shelving.

kray

Mar 21, 2010
SW Ct. Formerly N Va.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
E Trac
AT Pro
Nautilus 11Ba
MXT
M6
6000 DiPro
Omega
Bounty hunter TR550
Heathkit homemade
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some years back I was camping with my brothers and some friends, having a good old time drinking beer and shooting BB guns. Like an idiot, I held up an empty beer can and challenged one of my brothers to hit it. His shot went a little low and hit the meaty part of my hand under my pinky finger. It hurt and bled like crazy, but it healed up after a week or so. A couple of years ago, on a whim, I thought I'd use my pin pointer to see if the BB was still in my hand. Yup, there it was. It rang up loud and clear!
NThis pellet was never a problem until a month or so ago, when I needed to get an MRI. The doctors refused to give me one until I had an x-ray done on my hand. The radiologist cleared me but what a pita that was.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My kid a few years ago shot himself in the hand with a BB gun....still can detect it with the Garrett Carrot.
Idiot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread