What is it with my luck? Do I have some sort of negative super power for Service?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Reverse Midas touch syndrome....umm-hmmm.
"Oh-crap" on the phone must have sounded as good as "ooops " when under surgery would.

Hang in there.
Maybe dancing a jig and burying a silver coin will break the curse?

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Your luck could get worse. The machine could come back to you DOA.

I hope things turn positive for you. Water off a duck's back.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Squeeky wheel gets the grease, you have to sit on the phone sometimes to make sure "all" goes well.

Sounds like my life...welcome to my world..and i'm sorry you are here. :D

Well things come in a sets of three so, i think your done with it for now.

I just returned a ring (waiting for the picture of the owner with it)....i can't wait fir MY "no good deed goes unpunished" karma! :banghead::D

....oh, by the way...don't ever get in an elevator with me....:eek:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
"I mean seriously... I RETURN rings I find. LOL!"

Yes, but do you always get them returned within 10 days?!?!? :laughing7:

Guess you shouldn't have sent anything in around a 3-day weekend. Things often go haywire during those times. That, and good help is hard to find. ...Maybe you should put in your application there? :laughing9:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I think Garrett as a hard time handling things right now I called today for warranty work on my AT and was told by 2 different women that take calls that my warranty was up.. but i said i did not have it for 2 years i have only had it about one year nine months ... And they both told me that my AT was made in May of 2014 and that was 2 years so the warranty was up.... But i told them i did not buy it the day and month it was made i bought it in Sept of 2014 so my 2 years is not up and they still said my warranty was up .. But after talking to 3 different people they called some one and then said oh yes you do still have warranty time on your detectors... They could not find when i registered it and had the warranty started AND they did it over the phone for me. Would this be a down hill slid for garrett since Chuck is not there to run it now ?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That's sad. I have always regarded Garrett as one of the very best MD companies out there.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Some people are literally struck by lightning multiple times, yet live to tell the tale.

I wonder how his luck is.:tongue3:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, guess I didn't word that so wonderfully. Been a long day. Got up this morning and checked the forum - took until after 4pm to get caught up. I'm wore out! :laughing7:

I grew up hearing the Garrett name (sadly, not from personal experience). But my comment was "supposed" to reflect how many other really good/great companies out there have let themselves go quite a bit these past few years. Don't know if it's from societal changes, changes in education/understanding, most everything being made in China and being disposable, or any number of other things.

A bit off-topic, but had a push mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine. Used it two days before putting it up for winter (that's a long time here). Next Spring, used it again about 4 more times before the engine quit. Took it in and a B&S rep said it was due to contaminated oil. Oh?? The shop left the parts outside in a box getting windblown dust from the parking lot as well as rain from the roof, where the box sat for several days (and 2 thunderstorms) before I finally knew that. Lots of other companies no longer standing behind their products. But I certainly did not mean to imply that Garrett is one of them.

"I have always regarded Garrett as one of the very best MD companies out there." ...Still do, until I have definitive proof otherwise.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think sending it in near a summer Holiday weekend helped your cause. :BangHead: Stop thinking negatively and be more assured these times will pass. :icon_thumleft:

Hang in there skippy.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
can't wait for the next chapter in this saga

BTW I have dug more than enough pulltabs and aluminum to get a gold ring by now, karma has no money back guarantee

guardez

Apr 19, 2014
SEMO
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 Pro Pack ,Tesoro DeLeon, Outlaw, Compadre,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is exactly why i don't use, buy or deal with garret anymore. I was lucky to get $900 back on an honestly defective
2500 from their factory. Their fault by their own admission. I wound up having to call Mr. Garret at his private residence. And even then I only got back $900. Lesson learned.

Guardez

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Skippy, Skippy, Skiooy, it takes a big dog to weigh a ton. Meaning, it's all BS. There ain't one of us that hasn't had problems similar to that so don't sweat the small stuff. You're very lucky to be alive, healthy, not married to a witch, not having to use a bicycle for transportation or counting the days toward your parole hearing. See, it could always be worse. Just hang in there. An example from my childhood. We had a nice boat we kept at a local lake. One Sunday it had rained and water collected at the back of the boat. Dad had my sister drive, he pulled the drain plugs and the water drained out as she piloted down the lake. The boats drains were curved, so as long as you kept going, no problem. He put the plugs back in and cruised to shore. There on the dock was a boat salesman, two guys and the wife of one of them. They had been out on the lake, come in to drop the wife and salesman and were heading out again as dad explained to mom how he dumped the water. Appartently the guys heard him. They headed out in the model boat and 30 minutes later came swimming back from across the lake, to be greeted by the wife and a screaming boat salesman. Honey, cried the wife, what happened? The boat sink, he replied. They too had water in the boat, had stopped and pulled the drain plugs(which were straight) but just sat there. This was in 1958. They found the boat ninety feet down on the bottom last summer when the lake almost dried up. Nobody knew where it came from. I told them. See, worse things can happen...

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And the moral of the story, is apparently, "Skippy needs to stop whining?"

:)

Say what ever you like ,but keep manning the hand pump till the bilge is clear...
You'll make it.
350 is good for a couple feet submersion of shaft.

I've got the juggles with quality of work/service and new built quality issues(non detectors) to get squared up too. Luck of the draw maybe but the group of three for sure.
Next week maybe.....Waited to see what else surfaced ,but it seems to be more stable now.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
And the moral of the story, is apparently, "Skippy needs to stop whining?"

:)

NO, never stop whining. Just letting you know it could be much worse. Sure, bad things happen, BUT graet things happen too. Hope you have a million great things happen in your life.:thumbsup:
Another quick story. 1960 or so dad bought a 22 ft. inboard boat that was awesome. Friends had a place on the lake, dad and Mr. Francis rigged a junk engine with a really long chain, took it offshore and tossed it in in 90 feet of water. Hooked the boat to it, padlocked and then the next week Mr. Francis called. The boat had been stolen. Weeks later they got a scuba diving friend to dive. Engine had landed on a ledge, storm caused it to slip off and go to the 150 ft. bottom. Boat was still hooked to the chain and was sunk there. Salvaged it, engine was ruined, boat torn up by rocks on the way down, pop lost his butt. No insurance. Sat until it rooted away on dad's little land holding and mom always griping about it. THINGS CAN ALWAYS BE WORSE...

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story!

Great because it is true. Wish I knew what finally happened that day, but we took the boat out, back to the stall and headed home. When they found that boat last year, I went back up to the lake and told a restaurant owner what that boat represented. We had a good laugh, I thought about my deceased parents and knew dad was laughing too. 58 or so years ago and I still remember that day. Wonder if the salesman got fired? Did the guy have to pay? Think it was an Oliver boat and motor, but don't remember that.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
austin dude, you have the BEST stories

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread