What to do with all those stinkin zinkins ????

metaldetkid

Apr 15, 2016
Fayetteville NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, and AT Pro, Ace 400
PINPOINTER: Garrett propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to see what everyone is doing with the cancer ridden zinc Lincoln pennies ???? These things will do tear up a coinstar.

20160712_182018.jpg

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i keep them separate from everything else and save them in hopes that one day i can give them back to the federal reserve ... and tell them to :censored: themselves with em.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
A new hunting buddy uses a Deus and doesn't dig pennies. Out with him the other day and I dug 35 of the stinking things. He didn't and couped $9 in clad. My 35 plus the clad totaled to about $3.50 in the same time period.

Something tells me to just move past the pennies.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new hunting buddy uses a Deus and doesn't dig pennies. Out with him the other day and I dug 35 of the stinking things. He didn't and couped $9 in clad. My 35 plus the clad totaled to about $3.50 in the same time period.

Something tells me to just move past the pennies.

I guess its all about what your looking for. My son runs circles around me with his AT Pro and normally passes on the Zink coins. I tend to dig them in hopes of finding something other than zink. Our last hunt netted me about 2 bucks in clad where he pulled close to 7.

What do i do with my zink pennies? For now they are in a jar mixed with all my clad. I assume a bank will take them if they are rolled?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I leave them by the 1cent pony in miejers for the kids to ride!!!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I save mine up, then once a year I travel to Florida and salt the beaches with them. What a hoot! :laughing7:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Right now I'm digging or scooping just about everything that gives me a credible signal. I want more hours on these Minelabs. It's all in the sounds. Took my old Fisher out to a small park yesterday - very hot, dry dirt (in view of the continued rains?), and pull tabs all around. I got 8 tabs, a bolt, crumpled up foil, 2 pennies, and a nickel in 90 minutes.

But, I don't mind, I got out.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put them in coin wrappers an take them to the bank. No questions asked.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put them in coin wrappers an take them to the bank. No questions asked.

Thank you! I was beginning to think that I was the only one!
My zincs become silver at the end of the year...

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I'll seal all of mine in some antique mason jars and bury them near old oak trees in the park.... :laughing7:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when some poor unsuspecting MD found that jar :laughing7:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I save mine up, then once a year I travel to Florida and salt the beaches with them. What a hoot! :laughing7:

So!!! Your the one. I knew it !! Wait till I get to new York.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wrap them up and turn them in to the bank so the CRH's can cuss me.:laughing7:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I toss them,,,
On the DEUS,, if you hunt in 18hz , "84" is the perfect
Indian Head Penny signal. An "84" will also give you a Zincoln.
I try to stay away from digging "84" signals that are less than 4 inches deep

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I toss them,,,
On the DEUS,, if you hunt in 18hz , "84" is the perfect
Indian Head Penny signal. An "84" will also give you a Zincoln.
I try to stay away from digging "84" signals that are less than 4 inches deep

Same here , zincolns and IHP's are the same signals. I rather dig'em then miss an IHP.

How on earth do you guys get away with rolling them? Not many banks or CU's( credit unions) will take rolls around here , everyone has "coinstar" like machines or they weight the rolls and open the rolls before they accept them.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig toasted Zincolns. Small silver, bigger gold, and other rings hide among the signals. I have several mason jars full of toasties. They will fit, stacked, in a 12 gauge shotgun shell, so I can always load them up and have my ammo ready for the Zombie Apocalypse.... Sub :laughing7:

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I usually curse at them. Most of my sites are old enough that zincolns don't show up. On my machine they usually read like IHC's, flat buttons, or even counterfeit British coppers, so I usually curse at the coin then throw them in my pouch.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep em in a box thats about full, will probably try coin wrapping them and turning them into a bank if possible. Don't see how they can legally refuse them, do they run them through counting machines when you turn in rolls ?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I KNOW GUYS THAT LIVE NOT TO FAR FROM PHILLY MINT AND THEY USED TO EXCANGE THE BAD COINS THEY DUG - SPECIALLY ONES DESTROYED BY SALT WATER BCHS - IM A SALT WATER HUNTER TOO - ONES THAT CAN BE CLEANED EASILY - I ROLL AND THAT MONEY GOES INTO A VACAY ACCOUNT
- OTHERS GET THROWN IN JARS - THE ROTTED ZINCS GO INTO A TREASURE CHEST -
IF I KNOW WHEN MY TIME IS COMING - THEN FIGURE MAY ADD SOME OTHER TREASURES WITH THE ZINCS AND BURY ON SOME POPULAR BEACH BEFORE I GO - JUST DOING THE ZINCS WOULDNT BE COOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions