Looking to Buy a 1969 Charger

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Here's one I used to have. Sold it in 1979 to pay for my first child, no insurance then. RT/SE, 383 Magnum out of a '68 Roadrunner, 4 speed, 4.10 posi, I built the engine a little more, with an Edelbrock Torker, Holley, Crane Fireball Cam, milled the heads .040, dual point distributor.

Attachments

• charg1.jpg
    charg1.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 69
  • charg2.jpg
    charg2.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best car I ever had. '69 Dodge Coronet bored out to 480, with a crossram fitted with two 1100 Hollies, and a three-speed automatic. Chirped in all Three Gears! :skullflag:

1969 Dodge Coronet R/T Information

OP
OP
The Rebel

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drooling over those pictures!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My brother has a 67 Hemi GTX with two fours plus 4 on the floor - it is built, has to use racing fuel, he's looking to sell.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
dont buy one from the tv show they are used up from jumping.i forget how many they used.but in was a lot.
brad

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, you guys that had those cars, just remember them. Don't buy another one or you'll end up like me, old with a cat for a companion. For you Rebel, spend money on education, the family or a relationship. As daddy used to say, "son, an old car is still an old car". We all had classics and I had several. Notice the nostalgia here because most of us got tired of them and sold them. Besides, starting with a new Tesla or a Ford GT, or even a Cobra kit, there is always a quicker car, a faster horse and a prettier woman out there...

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A straight body and a rust free car are the keys. Start with that and your halfway home. Everything else can be replaced or rebuilt. But a rusty car or one that's been in a serious accident is a money pit. It will empty your bank account and kill your interest in restoring it.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wish I could help you, because that would mean that I had a '69 Charger ... alas, all I had was the '69 Road Runner (383 magnum) and '69 GTX (replaced the 440 with a 383 I built).

Lots of fun them Mopars!!!

bottlebum

Jul 18, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 900
Nokta/Makro Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know if you happen to run across a '73 Cuda, during your search.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that is a beautiful car! :notworthy:

67GTX

Greenie
Aug 1, 2014
Southwest Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are pictures of the 67 Hemi GTX sitting in my garage.

IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0005.jpg IMG_0006.jpg

Do any of you know what the RO23 program package was at Chrysler?

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that is what a muscle car should look like

67GTX

Greenie
Aug 1, 2014
Southwest Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that 5 dollars worth of kippers? Hummm... My wife likes fish... She is Chinese. Oh, DeepseekerADS is my brother, although he doesn't claim me at times. I'm the wild one in the family. :censored:

The night my brother came home from Vietnam, I took him for a ride in my 70 Dodge Super Bee. We were coming down the road at 135 MPH when the radiator hose blew off the radiator. In less than a second the engine shut down, a white sheet of coolant covered my entire windshield and the car began to swerve in the road because I couldn't see. Bro was calling me all kinds of SOB and cursing my children for a thousand generations.

However, the moment I thought the engine had blown I pushed in the clutch pedal, turned the windshield wipers on and rolled my side window down. I stuck my head out the window so I could see and I got control of the car. We drifted about a mile to a service station and rolled up in front of it just as the car was coming to a stop anyway. Looking under the hood and putting the hose back in place, we were off again. My children are still cursed for a thousand generations.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well he is a good guy so you must have a few good genes

67GTX

Greenie
Aug 1, 2014
Southwest Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, those genes must be well hidden. They may have learned from the military camouflage training. I blend into the background well. Can't get the smirk off my face, though. Dad said to always watch out for the quiet guys in the background. But my brother would say that it is not likely that I would be quiet. And he may wish that I, sometimes, was a lot further back into the background. I know he will read this. So, I'm teasing him.

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Funny, I nearly was killed by my 1970 440/ 727 GTX. Alternator went bonkers, battery blew up and it all went dark. I woke up 10 days later, and spent 2 years learning to walk again. Found I had taken out 250' of guardrail, hit a cement culvert head on, then slid across the road and broadsided a tree. And no I wasn't speeding.

To this day all I remember is walking out to the car that night, then waking up in ICU. I broke a couple of toes, left leg 4 compound fractures, tore my knee loose, broken pelvis, broken back, broke 3 ribs, punctured lung, internal injuries, broke my jaw in four places, shattered both cheek bones, knocked both eyes out of the sockets, fractured skull, concussion, more bruises and cuts and abrasions they I can list. Received Last Rites twice.

Might be a bad thing tha tI don't remember it, I got this itch to build again. Thinking a 68 Hemi Dart clone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread