Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My helper and I are 2 days into a 600 sf luxury vinyl tile installation. The adhesive for the materials has to set up completely before any tiles can be set. That can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 2 or 3 hours. When I explained that to the homeowners, they inquired about how we handle the down time.........I showed them my metal detector. The Missus spoke up and said "I've always wanted to try that!" and "I lost a key to the shed in the back yard. Could I use one of those to find it?"
Well, I gave her a quick lesson and handed my Compadre to her and told her to come and get me if she gets a good signal. 15 minutes later, she finds me and says she has a signal. So, I grab my trash bucket with the digging tools and show her the proper way to open up Mother Earth to find.......a quarter!! She was thrilled........and that was all it took.........

720 Mills.jpg

2 1/2 hours and 200 sf of setting tile later...........she loved it and got all of the information she needs to start to look into owning a detector. Kellyco can expect a call, soon..............

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet! Good story Chizzy, funny how people can get hooked huh?

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Good story Chizzy, funny how people can get hooked huh?

Yes, Dave........and she never did find that key! But, she had a blast in her back yard. She even had her hubby out there digging some plugs for her!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another Tesoro Cult Member recruited! Way to go spreading the love Chuck! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread