Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retired military but alas working on another retirement now. Wish I was done.
Enjoy your time off ,you earned it!!

Last edited:

ContactGSW

Greenie
Mar 2, 2016
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, CZ21. Tessoro Vaquero, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It probably hasn't hit me yet, , but today was my last day on the job. My last official day on the payroll is September 29th. I will be on terminal vacation between now and then. That's 26 years in my pension and full Social Security benefits.
I'm thinking about buying a new Harley between now and next Spring and then taking a ride up to Alaska.
Maybe finally take that Scuba Certification course and go get the treasures that are just out of reach.
I know that I will be doing a lot more hunting then I was doing.
How about you guys? Retired? Retiring soon? What have you done since retirement or what do you want to do?
What's it like to have 6 Saturdays and one Sunday?

Take the Stewart-Cassiar Highway in early June up to Alaska, much nicer than the AL-CAN, which is saying a lot because that is a trip of a lifetime too. Take the jog west and stay a night in Hyder Alaska. Watch out for the black bears eating the new grass along the highway, you'll see at least 30-40. Some of the road may still be gravel, go slow on the hog.

Last edited:

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turning 68 on Christmas, January 1, I go part-time, 4 days a week, 6a.m./2:30p.m.. No more nights, no more driving the highways in a snow storm in the dark.
I don't to retire entirely because my work place is my gym(produce work), lots of heavy stuff everyday. So I get paid to work out for 8 hours everyday. Not a bad way to go.....Joe McDonough

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Im 60, this sept it will be 27yrs where I am working and yes Im starting to think more and more of retirement or at least working less. I plan right now on buying an RV and touring thru this country, Canada included. Would love to detect up in Alaska for some gold.....just would love to swing the detector all over the country.
Ive got the money put away for the RV and I have a pension so the hard part is gonna be when do I break away......Like most of you I suspect, Ive been working full time and then some since I was a kid so this is really a life changing decision.
I stopped motorcycle riding years ago for pretty much the reason one of the posters mentioned about other drivers. This texting and the phone thing has gotten so out of hand.
Be safe if you get your Harley against the wind, and enjoy your retirement. Im in Jersey down by Seaside Heights, its a warm weekend isn't it.......I like summers like the one we are having.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your retirement. WTG

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im 60, this sept it will be 27yrs where I am working and yes Im starting to think more and more of retirement or at least working less. I plan right now on buying an RV and touring thru this country, Canada included. Would love to detect up in Alaska for some gold.....just would love to swing the detector all over the country.
Ive got the money put away for the RV and I have a pension so the hard part is gonna be when do I break away......Like most of you I suspect, Ive been working full time and then some since I was a kid so this is really a life changing decision.
I stopped motorcycle riding years ago for pretty much the reason one of the posters mentioned about other drivers. This texting and the phone thing has gotten so out of hand.
Be safe if you get your Harley against the wind, and enjoy your retirement. Im in Jersey down by Seaside Heights, its a warm weekend isn't it.......I like summers like the one we are having.

I too will turn 60 in Sept. We have already begun looking for an RV. Will be hitting the road when retired.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ATW; CONGRATULATIONS.!!! :headbang: "May your Road always be downhill and May the Devil know your dead 1/2 hour after you've gone to Heaven." an old Irish Blessing. May God Bless You & Yours in Your New Life. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

PS: Make a Bucket List and do them ALL. Enjoy. !!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi ATW; CONGRATULATIONS.!!! :headbang: "May your Road always be downhill and May the Devil know your dead 1/2 hour after you've gone to Heaven." an old Irish Blessing. May God Bless You & Yours in Your New Life. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

PS: Make a Bucket List and do them ALL. Enjoy. !!

I totally agree... Have a blast buddy!!!!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations my friend you've earned it !!!! i got 5 years 4 months to go but who's counting. That would be 35 years on the railroad and 55 years of age. Don't want to wish my life away but I'm looking forward to my permanent paid vacation. Hopefully you and Don wont find all the silver coins in New York by then..... LOL

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually... I was thinking of cashing all my clad in and retiring...

But it would only get me through till next weekend. :P

Besides...
I am already retired...

Everyday is a repeat of the last...

tired...
So everyday I am just "RE-tired". :P

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions