What a sorry a-- day and the x-rays prove it

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, we were getting ready to head to the beach and my wife slipped on a piece of melted ice that was in our kitchen.She fell straight on her right elbow. Yep, she broke her arm! We were told she's gonna need surgery to fix it. they put a splint on her and juiced her up some morphine and sent us home.They are going to send her to a different hospital to have the surgery Monday. MAN! it's gonna be a long weekend. X-Ray 001.JPG

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Prayer offered for your wife! :icon_thumleft:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
wow, so you will probably not get to detect monday?

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Added your wife to our prayer list, flatbutton.........
And, it's going to be more than just a long weekend........especially if it is her dominant arm/hand.............

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
will she still be able to do her chores with one hand?

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your bride.
Go slow and try to be patient, your lady is going to need a lot of support.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure if I should like this or not?:icon_scratch:

On the positive side, you could up her morphine dose and pry all those women secrets out of her that's being kept from you. :tongue3:

Hope she mends well. Best wishes to the wife.

And if she's like my wife she'll be expecting hand and foot service, so you have my sympathy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Added your wife to our prayer list, flatbutton.........
And, it's going to be more than just a long weekend........especially if it is her dominant arm/hand.............

Thanks. Yeah,they are telling us after the surgery, she'll be in a cast for 6 to 8 weeks.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Injunbro

Oct 8, 2011
SE Arizoa
I asked a prayer too. Unfortunately I have lots of experience w/ broken bones, that one looks like it will need a pin. If you want to slow down the healing try to hurry it up. Staying away from tobacco & caffeine will help.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if I should like this or not?:icon_scratch:

On the positive side, you could up her morphine dose and pry all those women secrets out of her that's being kept from you. :tongue3:

Hope she mends well. Best wishes to the wife.

And if she's like my wife she'll be expecting hand and foot service, so you have my sympathy.

I hear ya bro!

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked a prayer too. Unfortunately I have lots of experience w/ broken bones, that one looks like it will need a pin. If you want to slow down the healing try to hurry it up. Staying away from tobacco & caffeine will help.

Yeah man, I think that's what they are gonna do. Thanks bro.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn dude... I'm sorry to hear that... I hope she comes out great. My wife just had 30+ screws and 2 rods inserted into her spinal column in Feb. I bet she'd trade (my wife)... :laughing7:But I truly wish her and you the best.... Brad

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry about your wife's arm and forgive me for thinking what us older ladies always think with any similar accident "at least it wasn't her hip.." I know.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Had a friend that happened to. Two screws in the elbow, hard cast and 6 weeks later they took the cast off, pulled the screws out and never had a problem again. They may use pins and leave them in because my friend fainted when they pulled the screws out. Don't tell the wife. Best of luck to you. You know of course that if they leave the screws in it will set off a detector if it gets too close and there will for sure be a body cavity search at the airport when boarding...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread