Picnic ground yields Day's Five and Six

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
It was now late May. The weather was getting hotter and the ticks and such were starting to make an appearance. It wouldn't be long before the swamp area would be too overgrown to hunt.

Saturday, May 21st:

I awoke early and drove to pick-up my father. We planned to hit the picnic grounds early but as usual, there were delays and we got there after noon. As I pulled in, Marco was already hard at it in another area. My dad went over to him and was speaking to him. I went right to the swamps and started in the spot where I left off.

The spot was paying off like mad. Coins galore including silvers. The sky was very overcast and it was getting late in the day. While digging, i watched Marco go by looking in my direction. It was an hour later and the sky was dark and it started to rain. I wasn't budging, as I was still pulling coins out.

It was at this point I saw Marco heading back toward his car. I could tell by his body language, that his was mad as a hornet. A few minutes later, I heard someone "peel out" of the parking lot. It was just then that my father came over and said that Marco was furious that i was in "his spot". He told my father that he did all this work finding "his spot" and that I was over here in it. My father then told me he got in his car and "peeled out" of the parking lot.

I stayed for another hour and then the rain was really coming down so we left.

Day five: silvers-5 wash, 26 dimes,14 war nickels. a bunch of jeffs and 130ish wheats(stacks of 5 in the pic).

018_zpsawm29tp2.jpg

020_zpsuy8k1yjz.jpg

It was Sunday, and like usual, we went to the grounds. I fully expected to see Marco there but he wasn't. So, we went to work. I was digging in the same area when i hit another huge honey hole. After a few hours working it, I asked my father to help because this was a huge one. I don't remember his totals, but i will post what he found in the last post. It was now dark out, and we had to wrap it up.

Day six: silvers-1 walker, 4 wash, 13 dimes,9 war nickels. 1 buff, 26 jeffs and 95ish wheats(stacks of 5 in the pic).

025_zps0euakslr.jpg

027_zps5nnf5vyy.jpg

Another weekend done, time was running out. We found a few ticks on our clothes, and that meant that it was getting a little dangerous to hunt there.

I thought about Marco and what he was saying about me being in his spot. I knew that he would be upset. The question was: What was he going to do about it?

To be cont...

MUDSLINGER

Apr 4, 2014
Bourbon IN.
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wandering if your spot is an old wishing well since you describe your site as an old picnic grounds. swamp may be what it has turned into.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense... but those have got to be the most horribly blurred pictures I have seen here yet.
OR close...
Maybe you will find a new camera next time your out detecting... because you need one. heh

Sheesh... I looked at those and thought the Rum had "kicked in". :P

PS> Perhaps its an eyes thing... IF that is the case... again no offense.
Perhaps A pair of glasses... OR a new pair is in order.

PSS> Please try a new set of pictures so we can "get the picture" so to speak. :)

OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
No offense... but those have got to be the most horribly blurred pictures I have seen here yet.
OR close...
Maybe you will find a new camera next time your out detecting... because you need one. heh

Sheesh... I looked at those and thought the Rum had "kicked in". :P

PS> Perhaps its an eyes thing... IF that is the case... again no offense.
Perhaps A pair of glasses... OR a new pair is in order.

PSS> Please try a new set of pictures so we can "get the picture" so to speak. :)

You are right on one account. Those are terrible pics, but it was with a new camera. I just didnt take good photos. Because I mixed all the coins together, in the last part in this story, i will rephotograph in the wrap up.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand, did Marco turn you on to this Picnic Ground. If he did, he has to expect you could make some great finds. If you found his hot spot, I can't understand why he was not there first. I do mostly woods and swamp detecting, and when I find a hot spot I work it hard and won't leave it, and my next visit to that place I can't wait to get to the hot spot first. I use to bottle dig with a friend, and of course he never showed me any sites, and when I took him to a few sites of mine, he would about stand on my shoes when I found a nice pocket of bottles in the side of a hill. I never took the claim jumper digging again, lol. He metal detected also, but I decided to not detect with him.

OP
OP
B

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
I don't understand, did Marco turn you on to this Picnic Ground. If he did, he has to expect you could make some great finds. If you found his hot spot, I can't understand why he was not there first. I do mostly woods and swamp detecting, and when I find a hot spot I work it hard and won't leave it, and my next visit to that place I can't wait to get to the hot spot first. I use to bottle dig with a friend, and of course he never showed me any sites, and when I took him to a few sites of mine, he would about stand on my shoes when I found a nice pocket of bottles in the side of a hill. I never took the claim jumper digging again, lol. He metal detected also, but I decided to not detect with him.

You missed the first two parts of the story

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I just went and read the other 2 post. I was mistaken, I thought Marco was a friend. There is not much that he can do, you beat him to the hot spot by accident. He might have moved from it when you showed up hoping you did not find it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is a "ton" of silver, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions