I will be metal detcting in myrtle beach soon. Any advise?

red fox bob

Feb 23, 2016
Apollo,Pa
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,Garrett Pro Pointer,Custom Made Sand Scoop,Garrett AT Pinpointer, Whites MX Sport , Eqauinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
take a good SS . I always hit the beach early in the evening,the locals are out there VERY early in the morning.Watch the low tide and hunt that to the high tide line. And don't forget to hunt the towel line.GOOD LUCK & HAPPY HUNTING> Almost forgot ,GO SLOW!!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet,,
I hunted Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach, .and Tybee Island last year. At this time of the year, watch out for dehydration. Make sure you carry a water bottle.
Hit the beach at the Crack of dawn and/or a few hours before the setting sun. I don't think your machines will do well on wet sand. Salt is a conductor and will create a lot of "Ghost Signals "
There are a few piers at Myrtle. Walk the dry sand from pier to pier. Pay attention to the entrance/exit
areas. Many of the hotel resorts put out beach chairs at what we call the "Towel Line." Hit those areas.in the evening after the hotels pull in their chairs.
Don't hunt during the heat of the day. That time is reserved for a nap. Stay hydrated and above all,, enjoy yourself.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Right now its really hot out. I had to leave the beach at 715am yesterday due to the heat and was able to make it until about 745am today. With your detector you will be limited to the dry sand but there are plenty of good things your tracker can find there. Keep in mind its usually much hotter on the dry sand than wetsand so go very early or late since thats where you will be hunting. July and August are too hot down here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread