jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least it is gone. We have no inspections here. I would have been in major trouble if we did. When the government had the Cash for Clunkers program the number one vehicle traded in was the Explorer. Piece of junk. My dive partners fiance has an Escape. It can escape everything but a mechanic.

Yea My 91 GMC Jimmy Lasted me 10 Years.
the Jimmy was a Flood Vehicle from Tennesee

My 99 Explorer only lasted 3

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yea My 91 GMC Jimmy Lasted me 10 Years.
the Jimmy was a Flood Vehicle from Tennesee

My 99 Explorer only lasted 3

Flip Over Read Directions

Buy a Ford you have the best, Drive a mile, walk the rest.

A piece of tin, a piece of board. Put them together you have a Ford

I know a lot more and probably you do also. I now have an Avalanche. I loved my Suburban before the Exploder but it ate me out of house and home.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I'm not used to Crouching down to Get in.

the seats are Very nice & Clean. That won't last long.

The odd thing, The Ceiling Headliner.
apparently the Owner before this guy, or a kid,
stabbed the Headliner repeatedly for some reason.
It is obviously Stabbed & Cut as if someone was trying to
kill the ceiling :laughing7:

It is not real bad, Perhaps a Dozen stabs Tops,
most just appear to be from the point of a knife.
& who Looks up while driving anyway ?

Polish air conditioning? :icon_scratch: Now all ya gotta do is hit the dirt & make your money back in clad! :icon_thumright:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Downside Gas tank Size 12.1 gal
even at 29 city / 40 highway, if accurate.

I'm down almost a quarter tank already :laughing7:

almost feels Like I can watch it drop as I drive :tongue3:

I don't give a damn what they advertised.... it is a joke.... I helped build, engineer and supervise well over 1 million of them built. Saturn finally folded and was then folded back into "GM" as I knew it would. GM is a corrupt corporation which prayed upon the government for a bailout due to their bad decisions. Millions of tax payers paid to "bail out" GM and GM should have been left to face the music and all those workers LOSE THEIR JOBS because of it!!!! But we can't have those union votes go to waste now can we.... so other folks (taxpayers) were forced to bail out those workers making $25.00+ per hour by their elected politicians. Right???

I'm absolutely ashamed to have ever worked for them and their practices.... Just go ahead and delete as political... I know you will!

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear you got a good deal on a good car. I've known several Saturn owners, and they had nothing but praise for them. It's all about points A & B, and now you can connects those dots.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't give a damn what they advertised.... it is a joke.... I helped build, engineer and supervise well over 1 million of them built. Saturn finally folded and was then folded back into "GM" as I knew it would. GM is a corrupt corporation which prayed upon the government for a bailout due to their bad decisions. Millions of tax payers paid to "bail out" GM and GM should have been left to face the music and all those workers LOSE THEIR JOBS because of it!!!! But we can't have those union votes go to waste now can we.... so other folks (taxpayers) were forced to bail out those workers making $25.00+ per hour by their elected politicians. Right???

I'm absolutely ashamed to have ever worked for them and their practices.... Just go ahead and delete as political... I know you will!

This is a bit off-topic, but fits in with what Limitool said:

We were at the clinic all morning. While the wife was back getting her stuff done, I'm sittin' out there in the waiting room with twin TV's blaring "The View"! ARG!! They started off the show spewing political garbage. ...But not getting political here - they kept saying over and over how WONDERFUL our society now is; how we were in such horrible financial shape 8 years ago and everything is just wonderful now - how everyone is making more money than ever before. The audience was eating that BS up! I was sitting there thinking, just why IS the economy doing so well? Maybe because of all the digital (imaginary) money that has been created? Maybe because of FORCED increases (<-- plural!!) in Minimum Wage?? Yeah, that's a good one. I'm not even going to touch the other BS they were spewing out, but suffice it to say that even though I don't watch ANY news anymore, I can still smell stinky garbage when it's thrown on me!

...Guess I gotta stop at this point. Every other syllabel I can think of concerning this topic is MOST DEFINITELY politically-oriented! :BangHead:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Some people would fight to the Death over the quality of the Vehicle they own,
Or place they work.

not me.

I know gas Mileage for vehicles is exaggerated some.
If they actually make a car get good Mileage they would be Fined like VW was.
that's my opinion.

your opinion on GM is fine by me.
it's yours and
they are not a member here .
and what you call political here I call fact needed to make your point.

I don't delete for entertainment purposes or I would :laughing7:

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll stick with my 10 mpg '05 Ford E250. It fits me or rather I fit in it. I can't stand having to roll out of cars because I am wedged in with my knees on the dash. Sucks to be tall sometimes. I have a '99 Hyundai Accent sitting in the driveway I would have sold you for $800.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll stick with my 10 mpg '05 Ford E250. It fits me or rather I fit in it. I can't stand having to roll out of cars because I am wedged in with my knees on the dash. Sucks to be tall sometimes. I have a '99 Hyundai Accent sitting in the driveway I would have sold you for $800.

Yea Everyone has something Cheap for sale After the Fact :laughing7:

00W0W_cNtqfq9B0FG_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well

164 miles

and 5.453 gallon of gas

comes out to 30.075187

or approximately 30mpg

not bad considering I was averaging 18 Before.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some people would fight to the Death over the quality of the Vehicle they own,
Or place they work.

not me.

I know gas Mileage for vehicles is exaggerated some.
If they actually make a car get good Mileage they would be Fined like VW was.
that's my opinion.

your opinion on GM is fine by me.
it's yours and
they are not a member here .
and what you call political here I call fact needed to make your point.

I don't delete for entertainment purposes or I would :laughing7:

Glad you find/left it for "entertainment purposes" Jeff. :laughing7: But I hope other members don't because it's not funny (taxpayer's paid!). Maybe if you or others knew what I knew and someone (you knew) rose from the ashes of production to what I accomplished, saw and controlled it wouldn't be just "entertainment".

I'm absolutely ashamed (totally) to have been associated with that company and their practices for 30+ years. They (GM) came a long way when my program was mandated but after 6 years of trying to control not only our plant but all of North America operations it was overwhelming and I QUIT / retired.... because I could!

GM found it "entertaining" also until they the light came on and they mandated the entire program across all of North American Operations in 03'. After 06' check on GM's recalls concerning fastener related recalls.... :laughing7:

Jeff... Pull your passenger glove box out and see if any or both air bag bolts are present... I'm guessing (but REAL close) that 1 out of 50 vehicles are missing those fasteners to hold the passenger air bags in place upon an accident. Saturn's had unreal recalls and many other GM models (among others) from the time I realized why and tried to fix.

JUST DELETE.....:laughing7:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe I heard yesterday about more Airbag Recalls, But not sure what Brand.

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
About 10 years ago, my daughter had a 94 Saturn for about 5 years. The only thing that went wrong was the alternator went out once.
NGK V Power spark plugs were recommended for Saturns.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your treasuremobile! Great deal!
I figure any vehicle that we can get to run long enough to do us any good is fine.

I think our F150 has a recall out of some kind but i forgot what it is, and we haven't been "notified"....yet.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as being biased about specific vehicle manufacturers, I never really played favorites myself. And after owning cars and trucks built by every major American car manufacturer since the 70's including AMC and many foreign cars including but not limited to, Nissan's, Toyota's, Hyundai's, a Datsun, a Subaru, heck even a Yugo for a short time. I will say that eventually all had their problems in some fashion or another, some sooner and more frequent than others. IMHO Their is no perfect or best vehicle brand. I haven't purchased a "brand new" vehicle since 1987. I don't see any economic sense to it. I will say that the "luck" to finding a good used vehicle has everything do with who owned it previously and how well they did the regular required maintenance on it. Besides having lower pricing than dealers, that's why I always buy from private owners.

This is a bit off-topic, but fits in with what Limitool said:

We were at the clinic all morning. While the wife was back getting her stuff done, I'm sittin' out there in the waiting room with twin TV's blaring "The View"! ARG!! They started off the show spewing political garbage. ...But not getting political here - they kept saying over and over how WONDERFUL our society now is; how we were in such horrible financial shape 8 years ago and everything is just wonderful now - how everyone is making more money than ever before. The audience was eating that BS up! I was sitting there thinking, just why IS the economy doing so well? Maybe because of all the digital (imaginary) money that has been created? Maybe because of FORCED increases (<-- plural!!) in Minimum Wage?? Yeah, that's a good one. I'm not even going to touch the other BS they were spewing out, but suffice it to say that even though I don't watch ANY news anymore, I can still smell stinky garbage when it's thrown on me!

...Guess I gotta stop at this point. Every other syllabel I can think of concerning this topic is MOST DEFINITELY politically-oriented! :BangHead:
Don't ever watch the view. Those women are whacked out of their freaking gourds and living in LA LA land. The mindset of that bunch they have on there now are what is wrong with this country. Hollywood whack jobs!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Recalls happen for a variety of reasons. I personally only dealt with fastener related recalls and there root causes. Missing, loose and under-torqued critical fasteners on many models were common. Auto companies set up computer controlled assembly tools to monitor the assembly process but never controlled the tools range of motion which rendered it useless and/or unreliable. And after all the millions invested to STOP this from occurring it continued. This in turn cost millions more to satisfy the public and the Govt. I and a co-worker came up with a way to address this issue. We were pulled from production by Corporate and given engineering jobs and the process was mandated across North America (I skipped a bunch). We patented the math and devise I developed and GM STOLE it from us. I quit.... retired.

Torque-Control: Error-Proof Fastening at GM

Now a company called Ubisense has taken our idea to the next level.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes if I was getting $100,000 to sit and BS in front of a Camera all would be right with the world
for me too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread