What now,,,?

mr wack

Greenie
Jul 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off ,,,, Hello ,
Well , I'm brand new to this activity you all share and enjoy but it's something I have been wanting to do for a long time so today that Funny looking fella who always wears the same gear , you know the one with the Brown clothes and matching truck came by my place and gave me a box .
The box is hiding my sparkly , not dirty, new Delta 4000 , nice piece of kit but like I say in the subject line,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, What in blue blazers do I do now,,,,, ? :headbang:. .

Pointers gratefully accepted along with encouragement and support,,, thanks :occasion18:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first detecter was a Delta. It's a great little machine. Go out in your yard right now, run in all metal mod and dig every single until you learn what she's telling you. Resarch the history around you then get permission and have at it. Welcome to t-net and a great addiction. Let us see what you find. Good luck[emoji256]

PS There are some great videos on YouTube that you can learn a lot from.
HH RN

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After you open the box then school is in session. Read the manual and anything that comes with it. Put it together and turn it on. Play extensively in your own yard to learn. Pay close attention to all signals and dig obsessively. Enjoy the rewards of what you find. When you feel you have gained a little knowledge then go to youtube and watch videos. Ask to play in friends yards and so on and so forth. Enjoy and remember to take your meds. It is addictive.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
those guys are speaking the truth.when you can id an undug target 8 of 10 times you are ready to really get after it.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Before I would dig up the yard. I would lay different targets on the grass and swing your machine over them about 6" over top, and listen to the sounds. Clad quarter, silver one, dimes, nickels, pennies, bottle tops, washers, nails and a pull tab for sure. THEN after you hear the sounds dig a few targets and see if you can match the sounds you heard to what is under the dirt.

OP
OP
mr wack

mr wack

Greenie
Jul 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice guy's ,
I took it out about 6 this evening and within 2 minutes I found a pull tab , some buckshot and 2 cents oh and a chunk of metal shaped like a handle , kinda wing nut shaped .
I live on 3 wooded acres and the machine was going nuts right off the front porch .
About 50 ytds out the back door is a very old outhouse or chicken coop made of rough cut plank lumber so in the morning I'm going to fight my way through the jungle and weed eat around that and see what I have back there, should be interesting .
Will report back if the snakes leave me alone or I don't get tick bit to death,,,,, :headbang:

OP
OP
mr wack

mr wack

Greenie
Jul 22, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I would dig up the yard. I would lay different targets on the grass and swing your machine over them about 6" over top, and listen to the sounds. Clad quarter, silver one, dimes, nickels, pennies, bottle tops, washers, nails and a pull tab for sure. THEN after you hear the sounds dig a few targets and see if you can match the sounds you heard to what is under the dirt.

That sounds like a plan Scubadetector , I put a penny and a 1/4 and a pull tab down to see if I could recognize sounds but my front yard must have been some kind of scrap donation center in the past because the detector was just a singing it's head off at all the junk ,, ( or is it treasure ) but I did get an idea of what it was trying to tell me.
Time will teach me to recognize and dismiss , or not , those confounded bleeeeeepppppssss,,,,:headbang:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Be prepared to dig all signals at first so you get used to their tone and VDI reading. I agree with what others posted above, Be ready for some on the job training, nothing is better than first hand experience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions