Lost wedding ring at Aliso beach park on 7/27!!

Ncheng2

Jul 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost wedding ring in Laguna area CA on 7/27!!

***********UPDATE**************
I have been blessed by a few people detecting for me, God bless this community- so kind. but has not been found. I am offering a 1000 reward now that in hope of it ever being found, you might remember this post to help get it back to me. Lost at
Aliso Park beach- email me for more details or if you find my ring. <3 Thanks so much

Hi Treasure hunters,
Yesterday afternoon (7/27) while in Laguna area of Southern California (zip 92651), I went into the water with my husband Darrell and the waves were much stronger than expected. A little after I got in, I felt the waves were pulling me and I tried to get out, and sensed my ring come off. I was panicking and my husband had to help get me out to the shore. I cried and had a meltdown, but assumed it was gone forever. This ring has so much sentimental value to me and symbolizes my relationship with my husband- and whenever i think the moment I lost it, I almost throw up.

It wasn't until later last night that I read stories online of people who had found their lost wedding rings by reaching out to their local metal detectors club, and it gave me a small glimmer of hope!! Do you have any members who have done this type of thing or would be interested in looking for my wedding ring in Laguna area of orange county? I see all the great work your members do from your website and I was hoping that someone near the area might be interested .I am hoping and praying and offering reward for anyone that can find my ring!
Thank you so much for any help you can give in this area,
Nathalie Cheng
you can email me for more details at [email protected]

Last edited:

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post it on your local Craigslist in the lost and found section. Metal detectorists are always checking out that section.

Offering a small reward might help, but that's not required. But it would give them incentive to find it for you...

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry about your loss. Did you lose it in the water or the sand? It's good you posted a picture so as to identify it.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Nathalie, I will post the link to this thread, on a forum specific to CA hunters. There's several So. CA hunters who read and chime in there. Hopefully one of them can get back to you.

And yes, detector-hobbyists love the "who-dunnit" mystery challenges of commissioned posse hunts. To use the hobby to help with these type things. So be sure to report back to us with the rest of the story, when/if one of the hobbyists down there finds it.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
theringfinders.com is another great option.I know there areseveral guys down there who would be happy to give it a go.Too far for me or I'd go myself.best of luck and keep the hope alive.

OP
OP
N

Ncheng2

Jul 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post it on your local Craigslist in the lost and found section. Metal detectorists are always checking out that section.

Offering a small reward might help, but that's not required. But it would give them incentive to find it for you...

Thank you! I took your advice and posted it to C List and someone DID contact me. Wow I couldn't believe it- : ) TY for the tip

OP
OP
N

Ncheng2

Jul 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nathalie, I will post the link to this thread, on a forum specific to CA hunters. There's several So. CA hunters who read and chime in there. Hopefully one of them can get back to you.

And yes, detector-hobbyists love the "who-dunnit" mystery challenges of commissioned posse hunts. To use the hobby to help with these type things. So be sure to report back to us with the rest of the story, when/if one of the hobbyists down there finds it.

Thank you for doing that, someone from this site in SoCal just contacted me this morning. TYVM : )

OP
OP
N

Ncheng2

Jul 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
theringfinders.com is another great option.I know there areseveral guys down there who would be happy to give it a go.Too far for me or I'd go myself.best of luck and keep the hope alive.

Thank you, the man on Craigslist who read my post is on ring finders- amazing website- the metal detecting community is so incredible. Thank you so much

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Nathalie,

I see you have someone looking and hopefully they'll be successful. In case not I'd like to offer you my service (no charge) as an alternate. I've emailed you my particulars.

Best wishes for a successful outcome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread