Should we share leads?

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sharing leads backfired on Von Mueller at one point. To each their own but I wouldn't be giving out information on a lead that has taken many many hours or years of research to let someone else find it. Even if its far away, if it's a good solid lead, someday you'll get there.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm 73 now began in '64 and have started giving up leads selectively both in the leads I give and the people I give them to. I also have begun to instruct those that want to learn. I don't get out as much nor for as long now and my wife can't accompany me anymore so I'm letting go and passing on what I know. I am giving back to the hobby that has given me and my wife so much. I suggest the same to those of you that have reached a certain point as I have to do the same.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES !

Absolutely we should share leads...

You tell me yours first :P

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
YES !

Absolutely we should share leads...

You tell me yours first :P

Here is one I haven't tried yet but heard it was absolutely fantastic for gold. Others have tried it though. The sewer system in NYC. Glad I could help you AARC. Now show us what you found!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Then they weren't your friends Scuba. I don't think sharing with everyone is necessary but the ones who are earnest, no problem.

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it backfired on Karl but only after many many years I believe most treasure hunters are good people who wouldn't sink that low. Also I've shared just about everything on the nc board that I know. My biggest interest is a possible lead in wilseyville California which I doubt I'll ever get to hunt. If anyone is near there pm me for details if interested.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its a lead i will never be able to pursue i will share it.
Many people on here have pm'd me with productive md'ing spots around here, and some cache leads.
After all, i can't take it with me when i go.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I share leads, Hell I don't have enough time to find them all. lol
If I am working on a cache hunt, I may withhold some vital leads until I have looked myself.
10-07 trip west 009-1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread