EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Batteries?

Maybe try to clean the contacts in the battery chamber and install a new battery and give them a try.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any signs battery leaked?

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't have my pro pointer anymore, so looked inside my Carrot. GENTLY use a small file to "score" the connectors, no pressure applied, just "tickle" the pins. You certainly do not want to damage the connections. My Carrot has two very similar connectors. I pulled the battery out and rotated the poles 180d and the Carrot still worked.

Otherwise, contact Garrett. You shouldn't have the same problem with both your pin pointers. Sometimes products have minor detects, but what you have should not be the case.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A pencil eraser will clean the contacts enough to make a clean contact.
I have an orange carrot that freaked out and a fresh battery cured the problem.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put a fresh battery in there and it only lasted for two minutes. I'm going to clean it in a little bit I'll let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What batteries are you using? Dollar General, etc. are CHEAP batteries, barely juice in them. Have you tried new quality batteries?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm using brand-new energizers from Home Depot. So far the orange one is working now and the black one will turn on, but it won't vibrate.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What batteries are you using? Dollar General, etc. are CHEAP batteries, barely juice in them. Have you tried new quality batteries?

The black one's light comes on but it won't vibrate to metal.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That's pretty odd, and bad. I had my pro pointer for 3 years and gave it to my cousin the first of the year and he still uses it - after I purchased the Carrot. A battery lasted me about a year - but I didn't get out as much as I do today. I've already used my Carrot under water and it works beautifully (after I got used to de-tuning it!).

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe they both got wet? Both malfunctioning with the same symptoms... Also - batteries might be dead

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Now, your Carrot shouldn't be having a problem, unless you didn't have the cap on securely. I presume your black one is an AT?

Did you have them in storage - just pulled them out to use? When had you last used them? I'm thinking that when you're not actively and regularly using them, pulling the battery out between uses would be a very smart move.

Maybe a battery can fail and damage electronics, I don't know. But it's mighty peculiar that both are doing that to you. I see you have an ATP, so Garrett shouldn't be "hating on you" :)

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know! Lol. Don't say nothing, this is between you, me and the fence post. I think I'm jumping ship to the XP DEUS.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are your batteries from the same pack? Maybe you have a bad batch. It's been known to happen. It's odd that both started acting up at the same time.

HH RN

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They've been given trouble before this isn't the first day. This is just the first day that they both completely went out of service. I know it's very strange. And I've already had to send the carrot back once already.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess you'd have to switch pin pointer brands if you switched to a Deus! Garrett really wouldn't like you then :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotten a bad batch of energizers batteries one time.
It is kinda strange to have both of them act up at the same time, unless they were both exposed to something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions