THE INJURY THREAD. Post your wounds here.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think I just lost my appetite lookin' at yer toe Dave soooooo I guuuuuessss that's a good thing?

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think I just lost my appetite lookin' at yer toe Dave soooooo I guuuuuessss that's a good thing?

Nancy, your dirt forehead shot is welcome here....can we see it again....Pleeeeeeeeze!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
are these supposed to be MD related injuries? or just any we have had?

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Can we make this more DIRECTLY related to injuries received from detecting outings ?? This sounds to Generalized. On injuries in General all of you would be hard pressed to beat me on them. I am the 53rd person in the entire USA to have had the surgery I have had done. Over 1/2 of my entire Spine is now SOLID Metal literally. The rest has bolts and screws to hold my spine together & I have a metal plate in my neck to stop my head from flopping around uncontrollably. The scar starts between my shoulder blade and goes all the way down directly to my arse hole. I doubt anyone wants to see a picture of that. I've had my toenails removed so many times I've lost count. There are no bones in my toes either. They all have plastic stubs to keep them functional. So what do you Folks say to keeping it DIRECTLY related to detecting injuries ??? I await. PEACE:RONB

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can say about your toe is...
Well...
I can say a lot about that toe... but...

It looks like you mixed up the fungus medicine with your gold testing solution :P

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi; Can we make this more DIRECTLY related to injuries received from detecting outings ?? This sounds to Generalized. On injuries in General all of you would be hard pressed to beat me on them. I am the 53rd person in the entire USA to have had the surgery I have had done. Over 1/2 of my entire Spine is now SOLID Metal literally. The rest has bolts and screws to hold my spine together & I have a metal plate in my neck to stop my head from flopping around uncontrollably. The scar starts between my shoulder blade and goes all the way down directly to my arse hole. I doubt anyone wants to see a picture of that. I've had my toenails removed so many times I've lost count. There are no bones in my toes either. They all have plastic stubs to keep them functional. So what do you Folks say to keeping it DIRECTLY related to detecting injuries ??? I await. PEACE:RONB

ummm what kind of metal is in your spine?

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Read the original post kids. Any and all injuries are welcome. Barker, you got pics?
Jeffy, I know you got some ailment....figured you would be the first to post.

I really want this thread to have legs, especially if they're broken.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
now please clarify. AILMENTS? or INJURIES?

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok....here's another....
My classic fire ant bite X 75, give or take
image.jpeg

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anything goes Jeffy

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Been trying to make jewelry outta some of my finds. Didn't work too well.

image.jpeg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what body part is that?

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dave; Yup, I'll Post them tomorrow. My fights are on tonight. Hi Jeff Gordon : Titanium. PEACE:RONB

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

From ? ? ?

And just for some humor...
Did you request the plastic toes as opposed to the metal as to not set off detector ? :P

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok, here;s an old one.
about 20 years ago I was breaking up some concrete with a large steel bar. Accidentally I hit my left big toe. I can attest that it hurts tremendously.
Had to go to the med center to get the giant blood blister dealt with. The doc ( young female, who I assume demanded to work on me (( yes I am that good looking)) drilled through my nail.) But as the drill was slowing down, she let off the speed and caused the nail to twist. OUCH
It grew back kinda like a double nail.
Last summer I was helping a friend move a fridge and the dolly kicked back into the same nail. It bled all the way home.
Good news is now that it is almost grown back, it is back to just one layer!!! So I got that going for me, which is nice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread