THE INJURY THREAD. Post your wounds here.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my knucklehead cat, El Gato Loco....who got himself into another fine mess...
IMG_1419.JPG
Pic upside down a bit...see the stitches?

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hate to break the news, thats no cat its a skunk !

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We don't know....we suspect he got his a$$ handed to him by the neighbor cat, O.J. Simon Simpson Juice.

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My injuries are largely athletic related...and the fact that I'm am not much of an athlete.

Threw 1 (one) pass in high school. I was a 40/40 player...if we were 40 points behind, I was in..40 seconds left in the game, yep, I got in. My coach had a sense of humor.
My one touchdown came at a price on that pass. I was hit under my right shoulder as I released the ball, dislocating it. The pass was complete in the end zone, the band started playing the fight song, and as the kicker (old school, straight on), I stayed out there with my arm dangling and kicked the point after. I went over to the bench and the trainer, in front of God and everybody, stuck my right hand in the front of my pants and promptly set my shoulder back into place. I believe I saw Jesus shortly afterwards. If I could have moved, I believe I would have killed that trainer at that moment.

The hard part was explaining to my friends after the game why I had my hand in the front of my pants in front of them, God, and everybody. I didn't date much after that.

Played HS basketball, safely ensconced on the bench. No injuries except pride.

Walked on in college to play football as a placekicker...the only player that was any good on our team was, you guessed it, the placekicker. All-conference. Never suited up in 4 years except one time, but I got to practice and get to know some now dear friends.

Now I pastor a church, and have the joy of watching others do more on the fields of life than I ever achieved...and it is marginally safer...except the deacon meetings.

Last edited:

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read through the entire 37 pages. Some made me wince (eye stuff bothers me), mostly laughed my butt off.
Here's me after a state land shotgun deer hunt. Doe came in from directly behind me. I put the scope on her, but just couldn't rotate me head all the way around, so I was looking over my nose. I pulled the trigger and my vision went blurry right away. The doe dropped like a sack. Blood was dripping from my nose, so I stuffed a piece of TP in my nostril. Still dripping, so stuffed the other nostril. Still dripping and I'm like WTF, where is it coming from. My eyes were tearing like crazy. Finally realized I damaged the outside of my nose...and inside too. Heard in crunching for three weeks when I tried to blow or wipe it. Nice little scope ring.

Attachments

• broken nose.jpg
    broken nose.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 70

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been there done that..TMH... I too turned around a tree trunk and shot a real nice 9 pt. buck and got hit HARD with the scope. I bleed badly for a long time. I mean I bled and it always seems you bled worse when it's cold out. It was 15-20 degrees when I did it. I had to climb down 15 ft. also from a tree.

But I feel for ya buddy... it sure the hell hunts and gives you a totally new attitude instantly!!!!!

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just read through the entire 37 pages. Some made me wince (eye stuff bothers me), mostly laughed my butt off.
Here's me after a state land shotgun deer hunt. Doe came in from directly behind me. I put the scope on her, but just couldn't rotate me head all the way around, so I was looking over my nose. I pulled the trigger and my vision went blurry right away. The doe dropped like a sack. Blood was dripping from my nose, so I stuffed a piece of TP in my nostril. Still dripping, so stuffed the other nostril. Still dripping and I'm like WTF, where is it coming from. My eyes were tearing like crazy. Finally realized I damaged the outside of my nose...and inside too. Heard in crunching for three weeks when I tried to blow or wipe it. Nice little scope ring.

Now there is no need to explain your avatar..... keep on keepin on my man!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

you sure you weren't fighting mike tyson?

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My worst experience was Lyme disease. Luckily it was the 2nd time I had it and I knew what to do this time. The first time I walked around wishing I could just die already for almost 6 months before they finally figured out what was wrong with me and begin the right treatment.

I always advise people that if you get a tick bite, go get the meds and just take them. You'll save yourself a TON of extreme misery by not waiting....

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently injured myself and was directed here for the injury thread. I think my real injury was dealing with insurance companies. I was supposed to have some tendons sewed back together and the insurance company said no. I called my doctor and they said call the insurance company. The insurance company said I did not report the injury and to call my doctor.

This has been going round and round for days now. What happened to the day you went to the ER and got patched up. My flippin nurse can sew a tendon together, and probably do a better job too.

Now you may be asking how this can happen. It happens if your a veteran. The promises made to me back in 1983 has been broken over and over again. So my real injury is my broken heart and the sadness I feel for every joining the military in the first place. I just dont think we deserve a military or freedom anymore. Im tired of being told its my fault, I volunteered and fought like hell for everyone here.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for posting my friend....
Your story is hard to read, and I feel bad that this is on your plate....
Tnet has a lot of guys, like you, me,...tough old SOBs who get through with scars, stories, regrets, and lessons learned.
Good luck bro.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill know more Monday. 3 Stitches will hold me. Its feeling a lot better, was sore after the nurse cleaned it out. I am wearing a glove on it lol.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ill know more Monday. 3 Stitches will hold me. Its feeling a lot better, was sore after the nurse cleaned it out. I am wearing a glove on it lol.

Personally guy my hats off too you for your service. I mean this from the bottom of my heart!!! And I truly hope you find justice soon from the VA... Brad

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went completely ass over tit a few weeks back on the side of a mountain. There had been a fire last year so nothing growing to hold the soil in place....first rain everything was damp. Stepped on a solid looking rock and it all came out from underneath me. Ended up with huge rock crushing my side and unable to move my leg. Sat there for ten minutes...checked my detector and backpack ( detectors come before legs..ha ha)Pushed rock off... ended up a very long and painful limp down the mountain. next day was blue from hip to knee...2 days in bed.now all this time later still sort of yellow...
Heres my lesson. 1)Do the research. Google earth etc. dont take some halfwits word for where the trail is! well meaning guy- but wrong.
2) I only like to hike alone, alot of places without cell phone reception, so maybe realise my limitations.
3) pack some kind of medical pack in my backpack....toilet paper and a band aid pretty pathetic. Strangley enough I have spare dtector batteries, coil bolt, pinpoint battery knife, slingshot etc.... but no first aid pack.

Chub

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a few first aid kits for that very reason....
Where they are I got no idea.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a few first aid kits for that very reason....
Where they are I got no idea.

hahahaha Its a guy thing. like shooshing your feet together in the shower and thinking...yep....they're clean!

Chub

Getter

Jun 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to dig fossils in the peace river and I walked about a mile and half down river. I was standing in water over my knee and some huge fish bumped my leg, I came up outta that hole! Then, I was digging and look up and hear is this huge Rottweiler mix, standing 8 ft away looking at me, after a few tense moments, he turned out to be nice. I know these weren't injurys but they scared the crap outta me and I did get cut up by thorns coming and going.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once caught my ***** in my pants zipper....

Ok ok... it was my jacket zipper...

Ok ok... sheeesh.... it was the ankle zipper on a jogging suit.

Anyway... there may be a scar if you look really close.

Please no picture requests.

I am camera shy :)
:P

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I once caught my ***** in my pants zipper.... Ok ok... it was my jacket zipper... Ok ok... sheeesh.... it was the ankle zipper on a jogging suit. Anyway... there may be a scar if you look really close. Please no picture requests. I am camera shy :):P

Horrible memory with this post by you!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was 8, 9 or 10 years of age at this time. Our family was at church. I suddenly said "Dad, I gotta go to the bathroom". He said... "Go, and get right back up here".

So.... I left and headed downstairs to the boys bathroom. Did the standup pee thing in the toilet and tucked "everything" back inside and did the quick "zip-up" on my dress pants. Quickly realized "everything" wasn't tucked "back inside" ... but the zipper went right back up to the top.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First and only time for this happening then... or ever since (quick learner)! Damn, it hurt and I tried to undo this event over and over but it hurt so bad.

Then after 10-12 minutes a knock was on the door...? I said "I'll be out in a minute". It was my dad! He asked "What is the problem"?

I said give me a minute and I'll be out. Nope.... unlock the door now he said. I unlocked the door and in walked DAD! (not cool). So... I explained the present problem and he said "Let me see". NOT COOL!!!! Problem was over instantly....!!!!!!!!

Damn that hurt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions