Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
Like Tree1443Likes

Thread: THE INJURY THREAD. Post your wounds here.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    5679 times
    Metal Detecting
    Here's one for all you "tough" guys... My wife Bonnie tripped on a throw rug early PM. Wed. evening. We got back home about 11:00 pm. and 21 stitches later. Her knee hit the carpet, locked in and the skin ripped across the lower kneecap with the forward weight. She NEVER said a word while I came to help. I rolled her over and helped her to lean on a close wall. I went and got some kitchen dishtowels lying around to catch the blood. After a couple of minutes all we could see was her exposed kneecap and a 4.5" wide gash.

I said well we're going to the ER. And she said... "Just get some gauze and tape and let's clean it up". In reality she didn't realize the severity of the wound.

SOME BACKGROUND: This lady / my wife has had 2 neck fusions, 1 hip replacement and a 90% total back fusion (15 months ago). Most of her discs were removed and 2 steel rods implanted on each side of her spine. AND... "Let's just bandage it up" made since to her. Anyway... she walked to the car, went to the ER, got 21 stitches and we ate a late supper. She NEVER shed a tear (I did-really). I'm tired of seeing her in pain and then recovery. I hope all of us men can be as "tough" as she is!!!! She is remarkable folks w/her will to move on.... Brad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0765.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	1462783  
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    10889 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaveDave View Post
    Deep in a hole....Phil
    So, looks like " Skip" is water skiing again....

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    10889 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Limitool View Post
    Here's one for all you "tough" guys... My wife Bonnie tripped on a throw rug early PM. Wed. evening. We got back home about 11:00 pm. and 21 stitches later. Her knee hit the carpet, locked in and the skin ripped across the lower kneecap with the forward weight. She NEVER said a word while I came to help. I rolled her over and helped her to lean on a close wall. I went and got some kitchen dishtowels lying around to catch the blood. After a couple of minutes all we could see was her exposed kneecap and a 4.5" wide gash.

I said well we're going to the ER. And she said... "Just get some gauze and tape and let's clean it up". In reality she didn't realize the severity of the wound.

SOME BACKGROUND: This lady / my wife has had 2 neck fusions, 1 hip replacement and a 90% total back fusion (15 months ago). Most of her discs were removed and 2 steel rods implanted on each side of her spine. AND... "Let's just bandage it up" made since to her. Anyway... she walked to the car, went to the ER, got 21 stitches and we ate a late supper. She NEVER shed a tear (I did-really). I'm tired of seeing her in pain and then recovery. I hope all of us men can be as "tough" as she is!!!! She is remarkable folks w/her will to move on.... Brad
    Nope! I ain't never even gonna be half as tough.
    Ouch.....aughhh , yikes , Oh - #&+@!

Charter Member
    us
    With proper planning, and investments...my retirement age is now 92

Nov 2013
    Ft. Myers FL
    Garrett AT Pro is my go to machine....the Bounty Hunter and Deteknix Quest Pro are collecting dust.
    9957 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Good gracious!.....
    Thanks for sharing her story and pic...
    I couldn't fathom seeing my knee cap on short notice.
    I invite you to visit my profile, look what I've found!

Be sure to check THE INJURY THREAD, in the General Discussion forum!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ge...unds-here.html
    and yes..I LOVE MY WIFE!

Super Bowl LI Champions

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    3839 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Big wave...I didn't take any pics but I have a somewhat funny story that just happened with my 2 year old....

I have to explain this whole thing so that you can get a visual and the mindset I was in when it happened....

We have been going camping with a our two year old this summer. The second time out we were there for two days, he's crying and the ticks were real bad. So At about 9 at night after being ummmm...I'll from a couple too many adult beverages the night before. which is rare for me now a days. but the wife had him under control and I had fun!

Anyhow....9 at night, head pounding still from the night before. I decide we are paking it up and heading home. Get home at 3am, everyone takes showers and goes through "tick check" etc.....and get to bed about 5am. My son wakes up at 8. I set him in the living room with his toys, basically an empty room. Toys, a tv, and a couch so there is nothing for him to get hurt on. Wife goes out for a cig, my head is still pounding,(ya I'm a light weight and can't drink anymore, I get sick for 2 days...Lightweight!) I doze off on the couch. I wake up to my son kind of half crying. I'm half out of it....look over...And Blood everywhere! Blood on his shirt,legs,arms, up the wall, carpet. etc.........I jump up! still trying to figure out where I'm at, I Freak out! I pick him up and it's pumping out of his hand. I run him down the steps to the kitchen with a trail of blood. By then It's all over me......I'm still trying to figure out what happened, freaking because it's my 2 year old son!!!!! and the amount of blood, I thought the kid lost a finger or something. I wrap his hand in a towel, still not able to see exactly what happened, and at that point was more worried about getting him to the hospital than I was iterested in the wound. All I knew was tooo much blood at this point is coming out of a little kid. She drives us to the hospital which is right down the road, while I held him in my lap with the towel around his hand and above his heart.

All that happened? He was reaching under one of our closed doors for a toy, there is enough gap there he can almost get his whole hand under there. and caught a little nail sticking up from the tack strip along the edge. Just a small cut. They pushed some stuff down in it to help stop the blood, But he nicked an artery or something in the back of his hand. It was just pumping out with his heart beats. They fixed it fast since it was so small.

I was kind embarrassed at the hospital, and very glad that's all it was. My mom was here, and when we cleaning up the blood, she said shes never seen that much blood come out of a little kid that fast.

If I would have been in a different frame of mind it wouldn't have been as scary....hahaha
    Last edited by Nitric; Jun 16, 2017 at 10:16 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    With proper planning, and investments...my retirement age is now 92

Nov 2013
    Ft. Myers FL
    Garrett AT Pro is my go to machine....the Bounty Hunter and Deteknix Quest Pro are collecting dust.
    9957 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Wow!...
    That ain't no joke...that young, heart beat is strong, and sure, an artery could quickly become a gusher....
    Amazes me how I'll bang myself good, minimal blood, but if I nick a cancer spot on the head while shaving, it'll look like a crime scene.
    Nitric and releventchair like this.
    I invite you to visit my profile, look what I've found!

Be sure to check THE INJURY THREAD, in the General Discussion forum!

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ge...unds-here.html
    and yes..I LOVE MY WIFE!

Super Bowl LI Champions

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    3839 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaveDave View Post
    Wow!...
    That ain't no joke...that young, heart beat is strong, and sure, an artery could quickly become a gusher....
    Amazes me how I'll bang myself good, minimal blood, but if I nick a cancer spot on the head while shaving, it'll look like a crime scene.
    He didn't cry at all after I picked him up. When I first looked over he was rubbing the blood on his leg. I don't think he really hurt, he's a tough kid. If he falls or gets hurt and he gets right back up with no crying. I think it bothered him more that the blood was on him. He's like that if he gets food or something on him, he tries to clean it off himself.

Although.................This is 2 or 3 weeks later after we caught him drinking out of a mud puddle and smashing his face in the mud! So,,,,,He's doing fine! I had to get a pic after we stood him back up. I'll stick it on here since it's my favorite pic from the last trip. haha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170606_124158.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	789.8 KB 
ID:	1462855

I posted the wrong one the first time, added the right one and can't figure out how to remove the first pic I posted. haha either way.....you get the idea....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170606_123356.jpeg 
Views:	20 
Size:	749.0 KB 
ID:	1462854  
    Last edited by Nitric; Jun 16, 2017 at 10:58 PM.
    BigWaveDave likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    WP

Mar 2014
    Dallas,GA
    CZ6A
    3839 times

OHHHHH Geeezzzz! I just saw this!!! Ya....shes tougher than I am! I have no problem admitting that! I'd still be crying if that was on me!!!!!
    Limitool and releventchair like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    5679 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by releventchair View Post
    Nope! I ain't never even gonna be half as tough.
    Ouch.....aughhh , yikes , Oh - #&+@!
    Bull**** guy...! What you've been through dwarfs her knee "problem". But I'm still not signing up for it.
    I am a true blue Patriot who believes in the original Constitution's meaning. I'll bleed blood to defend it and resist those who want to diminish or alter its meaning or those rights stated within the Constitution.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    10889 times
    Bull**** guy...! What you've been through dwarfs her knee "problem". But I'm still not signing up for it.
    Nope ,she's still tougher. Her back alone.

I feel some of those falls when watching funniest videos on t.v. now a days.
    Probably get all wobbly looking at a naked knee cap. Especially my own...( Shudder.)
    Limitool likes this.

us
    Do not forget me 24601

Oct 2011
    Indiana
    Bounty Hunter Mark IV Garrett Ace 350 Garrett Carrot
    2577 times
    Metal Detecting
    To be brutally honest, I'd take any of the physical wounds people here have suffered. Mental wounds are much worse and long lasting. Without going into great detail, when I finally ended up in the Psych ward for 11 days, the Nurses were shocked that I survived a suicide attempt without being in ICU.

Charter Member
    us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    5679 times
    Metal Detecting
    I totally agree with you... mental wounds are worse. I still have problems dealing with mine and I KNOW others on this site have dealt with much worse. I wish ya the best.

I truly hope someday that several folks from this site can come out to my home and let's build a bunch of toy boxes to donate that WE built together.

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    10889 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzjavert View Post
    To be brutally honest, I'd take any of the physical wounds people here have suffered. Mental wounds are much worse and long lasting. Without going into great detail, when I finally ended up in the Psych ward for 11 days, the Nurses were shocked that I survived a suicide attempt without being in ICU.
    Hey Mz:
    Miss your posts!
    I owe you a couple smiles still from your diner posts...
    Stay well. You are still well thought of. ( And yes , remembered ,avec les miserables.)
    Mzjavert and Limitool like this.

mx
    May 2010
    343 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mzjavert View Post
    When my son was in Scouts some years ago, we had a dad who was a VN combat vet. They asked him to go out with us. He said he could not sleep in the woods, due to his combat experience. They told him, no sweat, we will have someone out there before dark to take your place. They were lying, assuming he was faking it, and it didn't mean anything, if he was forced to just deal with it like a man. One of the mothers was especially strong in this belief.

Well, no one came to take his place, and no one had intended to come take his place. ********!

All night he walked up and down in front of the fire. He didnt' even try to sleep. Poor man!

A few years later, that mother who had mocked him developed psychiatric problems and learned a lot in a very short time.

My daughter has a young son. When he was very small, she didn't want him to be a cry-baby, so if he hurt himself, she would tell him, in a supportive voice, "No blood!"

And, if there was blood, she would tell him, in a supportive voice, "Not much blood!"
    Mzjavert likes this.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links