NEED ADVICE FROM SERIOUS LIFERS

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AM2s with groundhog duel coils both cranked up , Garrett ace 250 , Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that things are serious in our lives and we have an array of equipt like MDs and I have new ROVs we have had custom built almost done and the list goes on. I have realized that I have many years invested into getting my gear together and i am on a fixed income and no way i can replace this stuff. Its alot of money invested into equipt and in some areas it would be considered entry level equipt but its still pricey to me. Is there an insurance that is reasonable for all my gear and also is there an official group i should be joining that would benefit us and whats the SOP for people like my wife an myself who have fully committed years into this already and have their whole future life plan invested and formated to treasure hunt ? Also how do we become official members and or donate to the site as we have unlimited resources here when my check arrives this month to this site ? any intel in this area from the serious lifers in this field would be greatly apriciated . I would think there would be insurances out there and also groups that are benificial to join for the serious members. thanks in advance .

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Also how do we become official members and or donate to the site as we have unlimited resources here when my check arrives this month to this site ?

Well, if that's the case, just give $10,000 to each Tnet member. Then if your gear gets stolen, we'll gladly pitch in and replace it for ya....assuming you can still find any of us. :laughing7:

Do you have home owner's or auto insurance? Could always talk to them about an equipment policy. They can help you decide what all you want coverage for - theft, fire, accidents (like running over it with the lawnmower or wrapping it around a tree), etc. I wouldn't think a policy would cost very much, but you also need to know that insurance companies are getting tougher and tougher to work with. They keep writing up more fine print, and sticking to it....which means sticking it to you!

My folks have a house where the solid rock chimney is slowly tearing away from the house and sinking into the ground. It did not have proper support when built. Even though the insurance company covered such things years ago, they quietly changed when many such incidents started popping up. Now they say that in order for such a claim to be covered, that my folks would have needed earthquake insurance - as the earth is shifting under the chimney. Gee, thanks ever so much Southern Farm Bureau!!

EDIT: If you want to insure your equipment, what "I" would do is try to put aside money into a special fund. Never touch it!! It'll be YOUR money and, if you ever have a problem with stolen equipment or some other minor catastrophe, the fund can go towards picking up the pieces and moving on with life. The fund could cover things like protecting your equipment, getting a new lawn mower or A/C if the old one goes out, or even paying the electric bill if your finances fall short some time.

Saving money isn't a strong point in this day and age - which is sad.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahhhh insurance...

The biggest scam going. heh

Welp... the ole saying "damned if ya do, damned if ya don't" applies.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that things are serious in our lives and we have an array of equipt like MDs and I have new ROVs we have had custom built almost done and the list goes on. I have realized that I have many years invested into getting my gear together and i am on a fixed income and no way i can replace this stuff. Its alot of money invested into equipt and in some areas it would be considered entry level equipt but its still pricey to me. Is there an insurance that is reasonable for all my gear and also is there an official group i should be joining that would benefit us and whats the SOP for people like my wife an myself who have fully committed years into this already and have their whole future life plan invested and formated to treasure hunt ? Also how do we become official members and or donate to the site as we have unlimited resources here when my check arrives this month to this site ? any intel in this area from the serious lifers in this field would be greatly apriciated . I would think there would be insurances out there and also groups that are benificial to join for the serious members. thanks in advance .

#1 Claim it all on your Home owners policy.

#2 Sell it all and buy gold bullion.

#3 Join Treasure Hunters of America. To join, send me a check for $500.00

:skullflag:

OP
OP
F

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AM2s with groundhog duel coils both cranked up , Garrett ace 250 , Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not get the homeowners to cover any of the equipt and it took me years to get some of it together and we are on a fixed income. The ROVs are being made out of trident and wolf class submarine cameras that have a 2 mile deep tolerances an a bunch of features to include mineral classifications and all sorts of visions. A Admiral (a great pal of mine) i did work for many years then befriended got them for us and if one of those went up and if I didnt have the parts to cover it I would be sunk as we both went through critical care there then discharge theropy together but he died and has been with the lord for a while now and there is no way I can get replacement parts for the units other than what I have now.We had planned to do the ROV treasure hunting in the winter time together but now that he is dead I would have no way to get parts and I am poor in ceasers coin so to speak but those things cost over 400 thousand each it said on the stickers on the sides. they are used (mostly) when they were new that was the cost.There is no way I could afford replacement parts for them thats a fact. Heck no way I could afford replacements of just my MDs right now or any of the other stuff I compiled. I would have thought there would have been some type of security interest for real treasure hunters like us in some manner. I have a friend helping me with a boat and I am listing all this stuff in the company name but can not find any type of insurance thats a reality for those whom invest a lot and I thought maybe a group would offer some type of policy. i was truly serious when I wrote the thread. No way the auto (boat) policy would cover the ROVs and at best with the policy i could get a partial claim for theft alone. homeowners will have nothing to do with it as the best it would fall under is the blanket personal and anyones regular stuff exceeds that . this is something that needs to be implimented and talked over and there should be a licencee group for real teasure hunters and I feel policys should be made available to cover gear and personal injury and what not. I don.t know maybe I am thinking wrong but other than the gamble of losses for obtaining nothing at all there should be something put in place for those we hire to help us on big stuff and any huge caches found should be covered and also the gear and stuff that we use. I understand your thought but I was totally serious about the thread

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; A few points here. First is that a GEAR Policy and a Personal Injury Policy are 2 different types of Policies. You need to slow down and take each aspect you need a Policy for One by One. THEN you will have a clearer picture of what you need and how to go about getting them. Second is that TNet "IS" the place for Serious Treasure Hunters like you & me. I have 48 years in Field. If that's not serious I don't know what is. There are MANY other Folks right here that can guide you in the right direction. You DO "NOT" need to shell out a ton of money to become a Member of any Group ok. Here is another suggestion: Sell off one of the ROV's. The money from that could cover ANY Operational Expenses you incur and allow you to buy other gear as well. Third, NO ONE covers a Large Hoard ok. To protect it you MUST file your Claim with the US Admiralty Court. That is a lengthy process itself. But if you are Granted your Claim Ownership then you are Automatically covered for theft of the hoard in that No One else can seize, claim or remove any item from your hoard. If they do you Contact the US Coast Guard and the local Police Dept.They will investigate and Prosecute ANYONE who tries or actually does so ok. In order to hire help you MUST obtain Insurance for EACH person that will work for you including yourself. If your boat, God forbid sinks and you all die then you and your Crews families will be covered. EVERY company in the USA Must have this Coverage ok. It also covers Personal Injuries as well.
In order to accomplish these things you MUST sit down and talk with a Lawyer and an Insurance Agent as well. There is no nice neat little package you can buy to cover all of this stuff ok. SUGGESTION: Get in touch with the Captains of various Salvage Operations and pick their brains on how they do it ok.
Forget the idea that your just going to sail out and search for, find and actually recover sunken treasures. It does NOT happen. The guy who found the SS Republic took him 30 + years to even begin to bring up stuff from the wreck. The Laws he has had to jump through are staggering. He is funding his Operation, as many are, by obtaining Investors who will also get a BIG portion of any finds he makes.
So to kind of wrap this up. We here are happy to help you with advice and guidance STEP BY STEP but you MUST do the footwork yourself. You are already in the right Group to begin to get your operation underway ok. Just remember that you MUST take things step by step or you "WILL" shoot yourself in the foot ok. PEACE:RONB

Last edited:

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I would say that the first level of 'insurance' is to make sure that it is not vulnerable to theft.

Beyond that, commercial insurance would be in-line.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Thing is that if he does not have a Admiralty Claim he can NOT ensure that the site is protected. It is similar to PATENTS. The first guy to get the Patent wins. Regardless of what happened BEFORE that Patent was Granted. it works the same way ok. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions