Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
An interesting article, but it refers to pvc other than pipes intended to carry drinking water.
Gold doesn't break down, silver simply tarnishes, and of course if you seal the ends of the pipe with caps and bury it, the coins aren't subjected to sunlight and humidity.
A gold coin can sit for 250 yrs in caustic salt water without degrading or losing it's luster.
When you see the green goo PVC damage on silver, you won't ever forget.

eddiecurrent

Dec 25, 2015
Treasure coast Fl.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-x2, fisher cz3d and cz 20, tesoro golden sabre II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep my silver in a big wooden vase on the shelf, about 5 lbs of toe rings, reg rings, chains, coins, charms, and broken-up candle sticks. The gold I hide.
I don't sell the silver because no one pays more than $2 under spot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Escape

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I leave it all in plane sight. It's barely noticeable.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure where mine is hidden, i haven't found it yet. :what:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Question!...For the .01 Percent...Who Understand What is Coming!

Chicken Little.jpg

Not to be a "Chicken Little"...But...Those who Know...Know a Storm is coming.

Physical Gold and Silver will Rule!

The problem with "Precious Metals" is...How do you hold onto them?

Keeping them in a Bank is like having the Fox look after your Chickens.

As in past generations you will need a safe burial location.

Maybe your own "Oak Island"!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
A storm is coming. A loooooonng storm. Years and years. A slooooooow collapse. Adjust accordingly!

Lucky Eddie

Feb 9, 2010
I drop all mine over the side of the boat into deep water of the lake!

Its OK tho - I will always be able to find it again because I mark the side of the boat with an X.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Walmart might just be your future home!

Yep. Got my hard hat, my bug-out bag, and my cheetos. Now, I just need a bunker, stocked with internet and a Wal-mart.

:)

walmart_001_-a-truth-soldier.jpg
Without proper prepping...food, water, protection and...yes...Physical Metals (Gold and Silver)...Walmart might just be future home to many people!

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
All That Glitters... Or... Is A Gold Certificate... Is Not Gold!

Ok, but you lost me at the physical metals part.

Gold Coins and Bars.jpg

Real Gold and Silver... Coins and Bars are what's referred to as "Physical Gold and Silver".

They have been used to back paper money and used as currency for thousand of years.

ie: Judas accepted 30 pieces of Silver...No Paper!

Today's Banks and Stock Exchanges try to sell Paper Gold Certificates and many Investors buy this thinking they are holding Gold or Silver.

The problem is these Banks and Exchanges sell the Certificates hundreds of times over backed by the same ounce of Gold and Silver.

Like a Used Car Salesman selling the same car to numerous customers and giving them a certificate of ownership...Only he would go to Jail for this action.

The Day of Reckoning will come when panic sets in and Certificate Owners try to obtain their promised Gold.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This argument is oft-repeated, but rarely do I find folks understand (in spite of ALL their arguments that we'll be on the gold and silver kick "very soon!"). It comes down to tax law. Gold and silver are taxable transactions, meaning even IF we make it possible to trade them as legal tender, as long as it's based on WEIGHT, the trade won't work. This is exactly why people hoarded silver in the 1860s during the civil war... and why England's UK economy just about collapsed when China refused to take anything but silver as payment for goods (which resulted in massive loss of silver out of the UK economy... which incidentally is why Smuggling Opium was so popular... it was a way to get silver OUT of China)....

The moment the value of the metal becomes more than the value of the coin, it'll drop out of circulation. It happened with Large Cents, it happened with Silver coins. Fiat doesn't mean "Fake." And just because silver was used 2000 years ago, doesn't also mean that cowrie shells weren't... or cut stones, or grain, or whatever... But it came down to WEIGHTS... and trading of such things was limited to small geographic areas. You could charge enormous fees in one area and not be worried that 1000 miles away the same good was 100x cheaper. In today's economy things are VERY different...

This so called "day of reckoning" will result in goods being the trade value, and paper currency (if devalued that way), will not be the primary medium of trade. People have to WANT silver to be willing to trade with it... and do you really think that if the day of reckoning comes, people will be like, 'OH! I'm starving, but you have a silver dime, I'm willing to trade for THAT!" If you think that's the case, check out Venezuela. Inflation is inflation, and you're going to have to either pay a bucket load of bills or a bucket load of silver for a scarce good. Doesn't matter which.

Sure, hedge some of your wealth into silver, but don't believe all the hype that precious metals alone will protect you. It certainly didn't for everyone who bought silver at $40 an ounce.

Skippy

People really want to believe

Interesting using Venezuela's Bolivar as an example:
In 2010, one ounce of Gold in Venezuela cost 3500 Bolivar or $ 1400.00 US dollars
If a Venezuelan had purchased 1 oz of Gold then, he would still get $ 1400.00 US dollars for it today...and possibly in the near future a whole lot more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread