Where to hide your gold

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hide it in my ex-wife's husband's golf bag. 8-)

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
under the gravel of a large fish tank.the pirranahs are great watch fish

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
All items should be in bank safely deposit boxes.

Safety deposit boxes in the bank are not safe. The feds or the state or any tax authority can lock the box, and or go through it any time they want. And then if you have anything in the box, they can ask all sorts of questions about where you got the cash or the gold or what ever.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make a small plywood box put in the gold and nail the lid on. Sand it smooth and round off the corners. They sell spray paint that make things look like steel or stone. Paint it and use it as a door stop.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
secret hiding place in my basement floor.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lessons from my experience. First of all, pick a place that you will remember. Second, if you hide it in something, make sure that it isn't something that you might throw out when you don't remember that's where you hid your gold.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make a small plywood box put in the gold and nail the lid on. Sand it smooth and round off the corners. They sell spray paint that make things look like steel or stone. Paint it and use it as a door stop.

what was your address again?

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in my teeth

n2Muy82.jpg

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Safety deposit boxes in the bank are not safe. The feds or the state or any tax authority can lock the box, and or go through it any time they want. And then if you have anything in the box, they can ask all sorts of questions about where you got the cash or the gold or what ever.
Before the feds or any state take over your safety deposit boxes, they need to go to court with a good reasons, and get court permission, like drug dealers hiding their money. We had read too many stories of people who had their coin collections rob in their homes and their offices. Here it cost around $35.00 per year for a small box. If and when I find treasures, I will sell most of it through a coin auction house, like Stack's and Bowers, in 3 locations. I do not work for them, but I had purchased coins from them, and will sell my treasure coins through them. Before you search for treasures, make sure you know how you going to sell them. Good hunting and good luck.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The banks around here don't have enough of the big safe deposit boxes so mine is buried in a spot with an X

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEING A WATER HUNTER 90% OF THE TIME - I HAVE LOTS OF GOLD - I HAVE IT HERE AND THERE IN ODD SPOTS
BUT ONLY TIME I REALLY WORRY IS WHEN ON LONG TRIPS - I WILL PUT IT IN WASHER OR DRYER AND COVER WITH CLOTHES
WHAT THIEF IS GONA GOING LOOKING IN THERE - oh crap - now you all pirates know :tongue3::tongue3::tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread