Please all be careful

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AM2s with groundhog duel coils both cranked up , Garrett ace 250 , Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please everyone be careful while out this weekend. There is record heat waves and people have gotten sick and have died from this heat. Please stay hydrated and if your out alone make a check in partner that you tell your location to because this heat is not anything to play with. Also be careful of small children and animals . Check in on the elderly for you young bucks and maybe make a small trip to the store for them for their needs. We will be praying for all of you and enjoy the hunt this hot weekend.
RTs Recovery

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my hunting buddies, Meteor Man is 84. I went dirt digging with him for 4 hours this past Thursday. The heat was brutal, in the 90's, and MM was in the open. He laid down in the shade a couple of times and I searched mostly the woods, but made sure I had an angle to watch him. He kept a regular check on his blood pressure, as I kept a regular check on him.

Even in the shade of the woods, I was soaked. I looked over at him again and he was laying down again and I was ready to call it quits.

But there was one "cool" thing about his hunt! He'd dug a little rock that beeped. It was kinda white, very heavy for the size, and it beeped to my Carrot. I looked at it fairly closely all around and it looked like a tooth filling, just like one. Told him that and he looked at it again, smiled and agreed.

Moral of the story, don't toss those pebbles away, people lose dental fillings too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread