Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found gold coins from the 18th century on top of the sand on a beach, and modern junk coins 12" under ground. Depends on what is under the gold, currents and storms moving it around and sand moving over it and covering it up, or even uncovering it, coral growth, etc. If under 3' a good pulse induction machine will get it quickly if you know where it is.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold bars are pretty big. Even at 3 feet I think your average metal detector should hit on a pile of them. If you get a hit, what you need is a house/pontoon boat. You anchor over the spot and pretend to have a nice picnic on the water. Under the cavity between the pontoons, you run your dredge away from prying eyes. You might want to rig a silencer for the dredge motor.

Don't hold your breath (pun intended). :)

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
no one not even tarzan could swim with a bar of gold .......i tried with a bag of steel the same weight ,,,,i could not do it.....the current is a killer ive been out in the sea 6 miles in this area and im not a navy seal ....the big ship sank in 3 hours they rowed 4 to 5 hour north in a row boat ....the hundreds of navy guy swam about 1/2 to 1 km the most to shore ....to me thats what made me interested y would they row say 15 kms and not 1/2 to 1 km ????? the only thing more important might of been gold ....thats only a guess i have no fact of gold in the row boat ..... i cant figure any other reason to row to the middle of no where

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
thank you smokeythecat for your reply and answer to my guestion soon i know the exact depth of the sand and if i need a pi machine like u said my detector can only reach 16"-18" ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread