What is the best...waterproof..GOLD..metal detector...?

Aug 12, 2016
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the best one? Here in Indiana, we need to find "hot rocks/black sand" pockets, thats the best gold trap in a creek in NW Indiana. Im a dredger and go deeper than my ace 250 will allow. Waterproof pinpointers are great...but tiny. I need help peeps. School me if you must...I love FORUMS.

P.S. There is mostly sand (yellow & white) in my area, glaciar till is amazing...but I need to find the pockets.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT...THANKS IN ADVANCE.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
That's fresh water, so you don't need a salt water detector, so you can rule out an Excal, don't know about the CZ-21 - but they're both at or above the thousand dollar range. Tesoro Tiger Shark is for fresh water and about half the cost of the Excal and CZ-21.

On these I'm thinking fully submersible.

But I'd look at detectors with waterproof coils.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The SDC 2300 is probably the "Best" waterproof defector for detecting naturally occurring tiny pieces of gold. Get ready to fork out some $$$$ though.
The Garrett AT Gold is fully submersible and gold bug pro, gold bug 2, Makro racer gold are a few other options that are not submersible.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread