Industrial Locators School Me

uzd

Feb 24, 2015
Cowtown
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've researched posts,product manuals and am left w/the feeling I've missed something.
Other than lack of discrimination, what are detriments to the industrial models like a M97 Fisher.
Depth and target size per the published #'s are equal or better than comparable hobby models.
Features like pulse, large coils, grnd bal. add big bucks to popular hobby models.
Seems the answer to those ''I Want A Lot For A Little'' ?'s

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Try going to a ghost townsy relicky site, or a junky park, with no discrimination. And you will soon find out why people are willing to pay for it. ;)

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've researched posts,product manuals and am left w/the feeling I've missed something.
Other than lack of discrimination, what are detriments to the industrial models like a M97 Fisher.
Depth and target size per the published #'s are equal or better than comparable hobby models.
Features like pulse, large coils, grnd bal. add big bucks to popular hobby models.
Seems the answer to those ''I Want A Lot For A Little'' ?'s

Suppose It depends on how much you want to Dig?

OP
OP
U

uzd

Feb 24, 2015
Cowtown
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input. For the guy that is less knowledgeable or digs iffy signals due to lack of experience, machine limitations or as in my case, need depth in a rural area it might b the ticket. Some of the depth claims seem extreme and not limited to manhole cover sized objects.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions