California supreme court bans suction dreadging in CA!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
They claim the state has a right to prevent the harm it does to fish. They never mentioned what harm it does! NONE!
Now you might be thinking, hay, I don't care, I use a metal detector. Think about this, Maybe you are disturbing the desert tortoise eggs when you dig, or maybe you are killing the grass, or any number of reasons they just don't like metal detecting. There are groups out there that don't want you doing what they don't like. Example: The Sierra Club has had many park access roads closed to use as hiking trails, etc. I know many of you will sit on your butt and do nothing until you get what you deserve, but some will go on the social media and fight. Freedom is not free!
105 Warrior Head-2.jpg

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes once they take it away, it's almost impossible to get it back.
You have to do a heck of a lot of protesting and bing it to their attention that their actions are going to cost them a very large loss of tourist and recreational dollars. Money is a language they understand.

All the clubs, magazines, tourists organizations, prospecting equipment businesses, etc. (world wide) need to be notify and get a petition going and signed.
Also hook up with people in the scientific community that will stand up and tell them how wrong they are.
Also at this point they probably need legal guidance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread