* Captain Kidd hunters wanted *

PirateBeth

Apr 27, 2016
USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow treasure hunting friends! I’m a producer for a Travel Channel. Our program explores archeological mysteries around the world, teaching real history in the context of an entertaining expedition to exciting places.

We are doing a program about Capt. Kidd and the search for his treasure. We’re aware that this is well-plowed ground, but we’d like to tell the true story of Kidd the privateer while searching likely locations where history--or legend--suggest some of his loot might be stashed. These could be dive sites, caves, or other challenging locations.

Our format is to follow experts on a scientific expedition, and we now are looking for an archeologist or other researcher/experienced treasure hunter to lead a quest–which we can help arrange–around mid-October. This could be in the D.R., or New York, Connecticut, or even Madagascar.

We have arranged to work with some individuals who are currently on the hunt and wanted to reach out to this community with hopes of vetting other potential experts. If you have an ongoing investigation and have been researching this famous story OR you can speak on behalf of the story, we would love to hear from you.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

PS this forum is amazing and I am glad to have found it. I will make sure to abide by all "internet forum" laws and if I step out of line, I will humbly take my lumps.

Arrrrggg!!! :skullflag::treasurechest:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, treat new members with respect and post by our rules please. Posts deleted......

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I respectfully say "here we go again" with another TV show looking-for-md'rs/treasure participants post

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I respectfully say "here we go again" with another TV show looking-for-md'rs/treasure participants post

Anyone who has issues with TV shows looking for detectorists isn't obligated to reply, any replies will be by our rules. Piratebeth deserves the same respect any other member gets...

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I know an Austrian who is fascinated with Kidd and has spent close to 240K Euro on his search in the past two years.

How can I put him in touch with you. He is currently in Africa for the past three weeks on his quest and will be back next week but I have his Satellite number/fax and email contact details.

Just got to warn you if you two do get in touch, your gonna want a crew who can keep up, he is a Retired Mountain Ranger with 7 year SF under his belt and can move out still with little or no sleep and has plenty of resources to fund his own.

Great guy though, we are house sitting for him while he is away.

Just let me know.

OP
OP
P

PirateBeth

Apr 27, 2016
USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your words of encouragement. The respect you have shown is noted and reflects on the majority of the hunters/enthusiasts we encounter through-out the world. We are always open to suggestions on programing, because without help, our show is just not possible. Cheers!

OP
OP
P

PirateBeth

Apr 27, 2016
USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddjob, I will DM you with details. He sounds like just our type! I better start training, haha.

OP
OP
P

PirateBeth

Apr 27, 2016
USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA I want to apologize for my inquiry if it has offended you. I want to wish you good luck in the future and hope you make a find every time you head out! Cheers!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_CA I want to apologize for my inquiry if it has offended you. I want to wish you good luck in the future and hope you make a find every time you head out! Cheers!
No need to apologize Beth, your not out of line, some other members were...

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I have read many tails that indicate a location of the final Kidd cache. The best one places it near Indian River Inlet in DE. I map checked out the area and it looks like a possibility. The story relates that Kidd buried the cache on the left side of the inlet and left a canon ball to mark the spot. Many years ago the ball was found by persons that did not know the reason for it being there, so the marker is gone. The area is spotty, that is the area is blended in with a 'swampy' area. I never got around to looking on the ground, but I think I was close on the map location. But that was years ago and the cache just might have been spirited away. Good luck on the show, Frank
big shot.jpg

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe "Beth" and her crew have already reached out and actually worked with some fellow "TN" members in some of their other quests. Just wish Beth could work something out with Treasure Net member "Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp" aka Don Jose. He has a life time of more than enough tantalizing experiences to keep everyone sitting on the edge of their seats.
Word of warning Beth, he can be possibly bribed with coffee, lots of coffee. :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :notworthy:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain Kidd is said to have been fond of Block Island, in Long Island Sound, N.Y.
Good luck with your venture.

OP
OP
P

PirateBeth

Apr 27, 2016
USA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Simon1! Yes, we have partnered with a few TN folks in the past and it has always been a great experience. We are always accepting great stories & legends as well. "Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp" is more than welcome to DM me any ideas :)

I too can also be bribed with coffee, lots of coffee :coffee2::coffee2::cool:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
In the late 1800 it was rumored that captain kid hid treasure on huckleberry island. Just above the Bronx off of new Rochelle. Lots of people went there at the time and dug up the island. I kayak in the area. Visited a neighboring island this summer. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1472868025.750346.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread