Scary experiences while detecting/prospecting.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was detecting a suburban park with two buddies when we heard a crash. A minivan had just rear ended a parked car. The parked car went rolling forward and rolled right over a metal sign knocking it down and came to a rest. I ran over and asked if everyone was ok. There were some kids in the car and one of them was hurt. I called 911 and stood there waiting with them. Then we saw a clear liquid leaking out onto the ground and there was a small flame inside the hood where it was all crumpled up. I told them they had to get out of the car right away because there was a fire. Fortunately the car didn't blow up, maybe it wasn't gas. The fire department and ambulance took more than 10 minutes to get there. I like to think I saved the day. The guy had been adjusting his radio and had looked down while he was driving.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was detecting in the calif desert and got a massive signal.

Started digging and found what looked like a big pipe.

A little more digging and i found i knew what it was.

I had found a mk 82 500 pound bomb.

Reported it to EOD at china lake and found they had been looking for it for years.

hound

Sep 19, 2018
KY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out detecting with a friend, and get a call from my girlfriend. She says she's late. I ask her late to what. She repeats she's late. Talk about suddenly sweating on a cold day. I've had multiple deployments in the middle east. I'd rather deal with random mortar fire than that. It was a false alarm, but the days in between that call and the results were terror filled.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever get 3 guys wanting your detector till you pull out your Sig sauer 9mm Boyeee!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread