Detector(s) used
Garrett atgold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Garretts many times warrants a little beyond the year. I've owned three, still have them, and all still work fine. One is the new carrot.

OP
OP
B

Brutalpheasant

Aug 28, 2016
Omaha nebraska
Detector(s) used
Garrett atgold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking about going with a whites model, the Garret's guarantee is up about the time it started messing up

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TRX is expensive, but you can replace the entire shell for $10. I've only had mine a little while, but the detection distance is huge and you can zero in just like a detector by pushing the button to zero the balance.

Warranty - 2 yrs, transferrable

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been having trouble with my Garretts as well I've already had to send them back twice to be fixed. Not happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
have a Garrett one for a year now and it's dying on me, kind of disappointed it's only lasted a year .. Anyone know a good affordable pinpointer that's not Garrett ?

You didn't mention whether you'd replaced the battery or not......

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I own several pinpointers, including the Whites. Even though the Whites is deeper, I rely on either the Garretts or the X-Pointer in tandem with the Whites because of the small flashlight beam of the Whites. Without the side detection on the Whites, I find I spend more "down in the knees time" in final-locating of the target, especially once it's out of the hole. I carry two pointers and on most shallow targets, the Garretts or X-pointer gets the call for the job. Much faster retrieval.

If it was me, I'd stick with the Garretts Carrot or the Garrets2 which sells roughly for $110, $100 if parlayed with sellers. The X-Pointer for $89 new is hard to beat for the price.

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a Propointer that was part of a package deal I got from Kellyco and it started acting a little wonky last year. I folded a piece of cardboard up. Put a quarter on top to conduct the current better and put it in the cap of the pinpointer and that worked like a charm. I think the cap was just not tight enough of a seal. Maybe you could try that?

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Not the Carrott. The Garretts2. A discount of 10-15% off retail should be there if a few calls to sellers were made. The Carrot has too many added features for the relatively close pricing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions