Donkey the detecting buddy

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like i found a new detecting buddy. I call him donkey. Every time i visit this field, he follows me around and noses in on my finds. Do you think he is a detectorist reincarnated?

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
At least he seems to like you digging in the dirt!

We met a fellow from Greensboro this morning. We walked up to our site, and the first thing he said was "Now I know why I'm not finding anything here!" He said he hits Belews Creek, Bug Island and down towards Charlotte. He didn't find much up here, we may not be on his priority list of sites anymore :)

He isn't a TNet member, and we recommended he join here. Clearly he had been detecting for a while. But he took the easy way out with the AT Pro. Never offered his name.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least he seems to like you digging in the dirt!

We met a fellow from Greensboro this morning. We walked up to our site, and the first thing he said was "Now I know why I'm not finding anything here!" He said he hits Belews Creek, Bug Island and down towards Charlotte. He didn't find much up here, we may not be on his priority list of sites anymore :)

He isn't a TNet member, and we recommended he join here. Clearly he had been detecting for a while. But he took the easy way out with the AT Pro. Never offered his name.

LOL he is a pretty cool critter. Here is a pic of me and him last Sunday. I didn't detect because the ground was too hard. As for the Guy you met...interesting that he didn't give his name. I am a member of the Club here in Greensboro but have yet to attend a meeting because of work conflicts. That said, I hear 80 percent of the club here has the AT pro

IMG_1025.JPG

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never joined a club unless you count TNet. I did jump into a bunch of those seeded hunts back in the 80's. That was back when the 6000DI's were creating hurricane force winds across the seeded field. My ADSIII didn't do all that great against them! Bought one of those danged things and it wore me out swinging it, and I was young then!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool hunting partner. Now just teach him how to sniff out the good finds.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool hunting partner. Now just teach him how to sniff out the good finds.

I think a blood hound would be better at sniffing out the good stuff. Donkey just follows me around like a lost puppy putting his nose where it don't belong. I've had the same thing happen with goats. On other occasions, i have had horses and cows check things out. Farm animals are definitely curious critters.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread