ignored by treasure hunter

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
MD'ing tends to be a very solitary hobby unless your with a friend or two.I agree with what someone said above"rude is just rude".On the other hand i can also understand weirdos and the state of deviants as a whole in todays world.So my answer to confronting another lone MD'r would be maybe carry a white flag w/ a picture of a detector on it letting them know that all you want is to talk about the hobby,and their finds.As unrealistic as is sounds at first you may get a strange type look and a giggle,after that it who knows..lol..

T

TreasureTales

I think a white flag would only ease the trepidation of French treasure hunters. ;)

Seriously, this is where a metal detector hat or shirt might come in handy. But I stand by my earlier statement, who really cares? I mean, it's no big deal. Look at all the people here on TreasureNet who have me on "Ignore." It doesn't bother me, they don't know what they're missing!!!!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The more I look at this thread the more I laugh....I started thinking that actually had she said "@&#*$%8 You get away from me you nosey slime"......., then that could be termed as rude....but she did answer you......When she said Ok , what did you say? :)

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
No offense to anyone here, but any male who would drive by, turn around and drive back, get out and approach a woman out in the middle of the park or middle of nowhere these days, and expect her to be friendly, has to have rocks in his head. Even if you didn't know it was a woman, when you did discover it, you should have excused yourself, turned around and left.

Due to the violence in our world and country today, we women have learned to be very leery of you guys. If we don't know you, we ain't safe. Period. Sorry you felt this person was rude and it hurt your feelings, but I'd be rude in a heartbeat if it would get rid of a stranger approaching me that made me uneasy or scared. One of the biggest serial killers of all times in this country acted like a helpless puppy to get his (stranger) victims to let their guard down. It worked ... dozens of times.

No, I don't think you're a serial killer. Just letting you guys know that we women think differently than you do when it comes to strangers, especially male strangers, approaching us.

Noodle

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
No wonder why I'm having trouble getting dates ;D

Serial Killers are giving the rest of us truly nice amazing guys a bad name and no chance for love

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Oh, Unearthed, I'm sure you're harmless. ;) Maybe you're lookin' for love in all the wrong places. ;D Sounds like a song...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Before I comment I'd need to see a recent photo of you. :D

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
LOL.....funny,harmless am I for sure

i have a recent pic in mug shots(no prison number either) thread title is..Heres my not so photogenic picture....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy, if I were a woman and a guy turned his car around, I would be considered rude also. I have been approached by people that were just curious and I answered their questions as best I could. But then if I didn't like their approach, I'd be standoffish. (is that a word?)

But lets hear it from the guys that were approached by another guy with love on their minds............. :o

S

SCOTT (IN ILL.)

I AGREE THERE IS A TON OF NUTS OUT THERE. HAVING SAID THAT.
COMMON CURTISY WAS WHAT I WAS TAUGHT AND WHAT ALOT OF PEOPLE IN THE AMERICA HAVE THROWN BY THE WAYSIDE. IF YOU STOP AND TALK TO HIM YOU CAN SIZE HIM OR HER UP, BECAUSE IF SOMEONE IN THAT INSTANT WANTED TO HURT YOU BEING RUDE OR POLITE WOULD MAKE NO DIFFERENTS. I CHOOSE TO BE POLITE TILL I HAVE A REAL REASON NOT TO BE. I HAVE TALKED TO ALOT OF PEOPLE OVER THE YEARS AND I HAVENT HAD A BAD ONE YET,BUT IF I WERE RUDE LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE I WOULD HAVE MISSED OUT ON AND POSSIBLE TAUGHT THEM MANNERS IS DEAD AND BURIED.
JUST MY VIEWS.

OP
OP
S

skydiv

I have to say I didn't know she was a woman, she looked like a man. 2nd, she was right along the road were the buses stop, and houses across the steet. I turned around because i was on the other side of the road. If that's the way most of you people feel its no wounder this country is so sick. just because some woman gets raped in a park somewhere all men all iabeled rapist. don't forget you can't can't talk to johnnie in the woodchips you'll be a pedifile. most weman don't have a problem with stange men in a bar and that were most their problems start. If we detectorist can't be friendly with each another we must have alot of people with attitudes. I don't peg anyne a criminal until he proves otherwise.I also see many weman jogging alone in lonely areas so lets not single out MD'ing.
my 2 pennies

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
skydiv said:
I have to say I didn't know she was a woman, she looked like a man. 2nd, she was right along the road were the buses stop, and houses across the steet. I turned around because i was on the other side of the road. If that's the way most of you people feel its no wounder this country is so sick. just because some woman gets raped in a park somewhere all men all iabeled rapist. don't forget you can't can't talk to johnnie in the woodchips you'll be a pedifile. most weman don't have a problem with stange men in a bar and that were most their problems start. If we detectorist can't be friendly with each another we must have alot of people with attitudes. I don't peg any a criminal until he proves otherwise. my 2 pennies

clap.gif
clap.gif

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get this response at times. Not only from detectorist but from fisherman. Some people are just just down right unsociable. Is it rude? Who am I to say? Come up and talk to me when I am fishing or detecting and I will wear out your ear. The only two things I like better than fishing and detecting are Talking About Them!

Ed D.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
How about a nice story here....I always get approached but explain to them I am trying to get a certain amount of coins so I have to keep going. Two weeks ago while in a very busy heavily populated park I was down on the ground digging a hole and I heard a voice. I looked up and saw this very beautiful 20-25 year old polish girl. Being in my 40's and married of course I was very nice to her. She just mentioned she had seen me in the park a few times while walking her dog. It was a lot easier to be nice to her and I must say the conversation did last a little longer! :P After she walked away I took a minute to wipe the sweat off my brow and the drool from my chin! ;D

OP
OP
S

skydiv

quite the opposite today, I was md'ing a yard and a lady walked up to me and ask directions, geeez, I hated to be so nice, that lady could have attact me. but I took my chances and told her what she wanted to know.

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
I actually had a similar experience last week only it was a guy...a very rude obnoxious one. He had a high end Tesoro and when I said "Mornin'! How goes the hunt?", he looked and my machine and smirked replying, "Ace250 huh? good luck with THAT THING!"

And hour later with 3 silver rings in my pouch and well over $20 in clad I saw him again..with his wife. She was very sweet and asked me how I was doing, so I showed her my finds. Her eyes got big and she said,"here we are with $3000 worth of detectors and you walk away with all the good stuff." I simply replied that the Ace250 is overlooked by many as a lesser machine but I like mine. I smiled and walked away and found a silver earcuff where HE had just walked.
Sorry but I HAD to chuckle.
I can't say as I like rudeness too much.

~Nash~

SwampHunter

Mar 6, 2007
Samuel Watson's Old Place
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Tesoro Silver uMax, Fisher 1265X, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Everyone is different. Some folks won't give you the time of day and some will folks will go out of their way to be nice.
I wouldn't take it to heart.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nashoba said:
I actually had a similar experience last week only it was a guy...a very rude obnoxious one. He had a high end Tesoro and when I said "Mornin'! How goes the hunt?", he looked and my machine and smirked replying, "Ace250 huh? good luck with THAT THING!"

And hour later with 3 silver rings in my pouch and well over $20 in clad I saw him again..with his wife. She was very sweet and asked me how I was doing, so I showed her my finds. Her eyes got big and she said,"here we are with $3000 worth of detectors and you walk away with all the good stuff." I simply replied that the Ace250 is overlooked by many as a lesser machine but I like mine. I smiled and walked away and found a silver earcuff where HE had just walked.
Sorry but I HAD to chuckle.
I can't say as I like rudeness too much.

~Nash~

Hehe - now THAT would be enough to make my day :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread