EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice looking toy boxes, probably took you mind off things for a short time anyways, thats what I do when things are bothering me, go out to my work shop, sometimes just planing some rough lumber is enough, I think I enjoy planing lumber more then building stuff lol.

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome boxes, hats off to you Brad!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job, limitool. I remember when that accident happened and just a horrible thing, but glad to see something good come out of that. God bless Franklin PD. See, there are some good people in the world, but they just don't make the news. Anything we can do to help out, let us know.

Thank you ALL and RGINN. Your right that it seems bad news comes first and the "good people / news" are passed over...? But I didn't do it to "make the news". I did it because I could and wanted to.

I've had the 10 boxes done for over a month now and all I had to do was order the 10 plates and attach them mentioning that each box was "Donated in memory or our daughter and grandson... Kristi Clark & Carter Oakley". I put it off and put it off... and still put it off. Today I did it and I'll have them this coming Mon. - Tues. This was very hard for me to do... ordering them. I'll share what the Chief of Police in Franklin, TN. does with them. And I am going to donate more to those who have asked for them also.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice looking toy boxes, probably took you mind off things for a short time anyways, thats what I do when things are bothering me, go out to my work shop, sometimes just planing some rough lumber is enough, I think I enjoy planing lumber more then building stuff lol.

Hey guy... I'm with YOU! I really enjoy machining all the stock :icon_thumright:, then putting them together :laughing7:.... but then...? I HATE THE STAINING AND FINAL FINISH STUFF :BangHead:. But more women are visual and few buy "naked" boxes to finish themselves...? :dontknow:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guy... I'm with YOU! I really enjoy machining all the stock :icon_thumright:, then putting them together :laughing7:.... but then...? I HATE THE STAINING AND FINAL FINISH STUFF :BangHead:. But more women are visual and few buy "naked" boxes to finish themselves...? :dontknow:

I guess I am an extraordinary women then (of course I am) because my favorite part of any finishing or refinishing project (I have done quite a few of both) is the staining and finishing. Nothing like bringing out the beauty of the wood or taking some splotched and dinged old piece and making it beautiful again.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad I have an idea. These toy boxes are being distributed around TN.... Right?
How about adding/incorporating driftwood, some pieces have unique and interesting shapes. I'm guessing there isn't a lot of Oregon driftwood around your parts. People actually use it in art projects. Just a thought. Two thumbs up and a hell yeh for what you are doing!! :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright::headbang:

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad I have an idea. These toy boxes are being distributed around TN.... Right?
How about adding/incorporating driftwood, some pieces have unique and interesting shapes. I'm guessing there isn't a lot of Oregon driftwood around your parts. People actually use it in art projects. Just a thought. Two thumbs up and a hell yeh for what you are doing!! :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright::headbang:

O.V.... Yep, those 10 (+2 others) will be distributed around the Franklin TN. area (South of Nashville). The good thing about these boxes design is that they can be made into many other uses as well. Blanket box, Hope chest or anything you can think of. I've sold some with no lid or letters at all on them.

Susan... I wish you lived closer and we'd work something out. I'll build and you finish... :occasion14: I did buy a HVLP sprayer and it really saves me some time. I can spray a coat of poly on a box in about 2 minutes. But I do need to build a spray booth to do both stain and poly.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is awesome Brad!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

GarageSaleKing

Sep 12, 2016
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is as close to social media as I come. I don't have a Facebook account. Went here to find some information, and learned that there are a lot of quality people on this site. Then I joined. Stories such as these is what keep me inspired by the site. God Bless.:icon_king:

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
What an incredible thing to do to honor their legacy! I am sure that they are smiling down on you right now for your incredible labor of love and charity. Kudos to you!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a call from a rep. @ the Franklin PD. @ about 4:00 pm. today. Their coming down to get the 10 boxes tomorrow around 10:30 am. While I did volunteered to donate the 10 boxes and still want/will do it... it will be hard to watch them go away. Guess you gotta be me. I'll post a pic later of the plates I put upon each box.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a bad pic of the plate I attached upon each box. I'm not much of a picture taker.

Attachments

• DSCN0674.jpg
    DSCN0674.jpg
    872.7 KB · Views: 50

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very few people like you left in this selfish world, was choked up reading this thread.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Brad awesome job you did with your hands! I too am a woodworker. Let me know if you need anything.
All the Best to you and your family this Christmas season.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brad awesome job you did with your hands! I too am a woodworker. Let me know if you need anything.
All the Best to you and your family this Christmas season.

Thanks Rusty... I'm not much of a woodworker but know just enough to be "dangerous"... :dontknow: The Franklin PD showed up on this ridge top today about 12:30 PM. They brought a large beautiful enclosed trailer out. I helped the 2 officers load the 10 boxes within and they took some pics of us doing so. I can't hardly wait to see what they fill and do with each box. The Chief of Police, Deborah Faulkner said she was looking forward to completing filling each box and delivering them. Damn I wish her and those who are helping her the best... Brad

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its hard to say good bye to things you have made with such love. Its like giving up a piece of yourself.

You, not much of a woodworker??? Ha!!!
Some of us "know" better!

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's a pic the other officer took while we were loading the trailer. I'm now thinking that I and others helping could have done more by selling or auctioning off the 10 boxes and using the money to further help children instead of just filling them. But maybe I'm overthinking it...?

Maybe next year I can do something similar but we'll wait and see.

Attachments

• Me and Officer.jpg
    Me and Officer.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 56

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
i knew the boxes would get filled and delivered, because
of the man with a big and kind heart made them
you the man, the world could use 9.9999 billion more of you