Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been reading and well....... ill admit that a tear did roll down my cheek. Thank you and god bless you limitool. Holiday cheer from my family to yours.

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i knew the boxes would get filled and delivered, because
of the man with a big and kind heart made them
you the man, the world could use 9.9999 billion more of you
Merry Christmas to you and yours

Thank you 909... and thanks to ALL who support this effort. There are probably MANY people who have a simple skill and help others with it that are never shared with others or heard about. This is the only web site I belong to and enjoy hearing and sharing others people's adventures. I'd NEVER do it for attention nor need it but maybe inspire others to do the same if they can. I had the idea of doing this a year before my daughter and grandson were lost but didn't... but I feel good now doing it in their memory and it makes it special to me now. When I hear what's happening to the boxes I'll share as news comes in from the Franklin P.D..... Brad

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well the Franklin PD. did a press release about the 10 donated toy boxes and their drive to fill them all. They did this on Dec. 5th. and the next day I was asked to do interviews with Nashville local news stations 2,4 and 5. They all showed up within a 1/2 hr. of each other out in my wood shop. We did interviews and they wanted some film of a little work being done. So I did a little work for them. I'll try and post some links of the stories (try) if anyone is interested in watching them. Channel 2 said there story will air on Thursday.

https://franklinpdnews.com/2016/12/...-franklin-police-host-toy-drive-to-fill-them/
Man builds toy boxes in memory of daughter, grandson killed whil - WSMV Channel 4
Man builds toy boxes in memory of daughter, grandson killed whil - KCBD NewsChannel 11 Lubbock
Franklin Police Holds Toy Drive In Honor Of Crash Victims - Story

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God Bless You !

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After my last post I've done a couple of other TV clips and NEVER, EVER expected the attention these 10 donated toy boxes would bring... EVER. Can anybody imagine what we could do collectively inspiring people to donate to needy families and children...?

I realized while talking to the FOX 17 guy Wed. in my wood shop... I brought my daughters & grandsons deaths back into the public again full force. While that comment may seem "stupid" (to some) because I put their names upon the boxes mounted plate in memory of them... I never realized the meaning would be this important. I just wanted something going out to keep my daughters and grandsons memory's alive upon something physical I could build and pass on. But now the outpouring is beyond belief. Miss Deb Faulkner, the Chief of Police in Franklin TN. said "He's turning his grief into something physical". We never discussed or shared this reasoning at all between us but she shared this on air and was so right. Her own elderly mother NOW (82+) has been in hospital care with heart problems the last week when the news broke about the toy boxes and still stays in contact with me while she stays there.

NOW... I want ALL T-NET members to know that several members here offered to help me offset costs of my toy box donations investment and/or any shipping costs. I was absolutely astonished these total strangers would step up and offer monetary help to help me upon my mission this year. I am so humbled and in awe to those individuals... sincerely. THANK YOU ALL... you know who you are and we'll keep our PM private as it should be!

But one T-net member did something even above and beyond any expectation I could EVER expect and it truly hit home PERSONALLY... instantly! My wife and I both couldn't believe what this individual took the time to do. He sent me a PM asking for my mailing address because he'd made something "special". He wouldn't tell me or go into detail and asked me not to ask for more info before it arrived. I didn't ask but sent the info he requested. It arrived late Saturday afternoon and I didn't "find" it till 1:00 pm today, Sunday. THIS GUY I HAVE NO PROBLEM MENTIONING AT ALL...!!!!!!

MR. XRAYWOLF sent me a machined item he did himself. My wife and I had no idea and are so moved by anybody taking this time and effort. He sent us an item called a lithophane. After he took the time researching the info on the toy box thread he found the "back story" online and some pics. He picked one of my daughter and grandson sledding the day they passed. He machined a lithophane into corian, a kitchen counter product... and with a back light a 3-D image appears in DETAIL! it show's Kristi and Carter together on a hillside sledding in detail. He'll be much better explaining it but it is amazing to view. You sir... are a rock-star yourself!!!! Mr. Xraywolf we'll never be able to thank you enough sir. I will complete the framework and the lighting you sent but may contact for guidance.

Without going into detail folks can you imagine what we could do as a group? I don't want to make a dime during our effort but together we could build boxes and donate them to charities with our loved ones names upon them. I know today (close) what each box costs to build but I'd love to ONLY build boxes for US... and put our loved ones names upon them to give to children and families.

Mr Xraywolf... Thank you so much sir from my wife Bonnie and I.... Brad

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This toy drive has now raised enough toys to fill 25+ toy boxes that I could build. I took 4 more up to the PD (14) this morning. I watched people bring in enough to fill 2 more of them within 1 hr. It was amazing to watch all the people bringing in the toys and listening to them. When the Lieutenant took me upstairs to see all the toys... IT WAS AMAZING! Not only can they fill the 14 boxes I donated that could of filled 30 OF THEM. They now have "Santa Bags" filled for many other families outside of those getting my filled toy boxes. Tomorrow morning @ 7:30 am all 14 get loaded into a single large truck from the PD. Then there going to go to the area Franklin Publix Supermarket. Each family getting a box and a "Santa Bag" get a large food package also. I told those who asked if I was going to be there that I couldn't because I had a customer coming in the AM Wed morning (5 boxes she ordered).

My wife this afternoon said "Brad, I wanna go and see those boxes going out all filled"... "Will you take me?" She's disabled and I arranged with my 5 box customer to meet in Franklin TN. early. I loaded them in my truck. So I'm going to take her up, breakfast and meet my customer. Then she'll get to see those 14 boxes going out along with me.

I guess the Tennessean paper is going to run a story a few days before Christmas Eve or on it about what the public has done to fill these 14 boxes.

Another person stepped up and offered help and when this happens it gives me hope for mankind... truly.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
May God Bless you and your family! :angel1:

You and your kindness will bring much joy for many children/families during this Christmas Season!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In a world that becomes more confusing everyday, God Bless the likes of you, Brad....
By turning your darkest day, into the brightest light for others....just makes all here so happy and proud of you...
Merry Christmas my friend.
Oh...how's the thumb?:hello:

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Come to the wood shop Dave... I'll let you give a 2nd opinion personally! (much better now :laughing7:)

Went to Publix this morning and there were so many people there. They unloaded all the boxes from a large single truck and had around 30+ grocery carts LOADED with food outside. The Franklin PD did the toy drive and the Rotary got the food. It was amazing watching all the vehicles lined up with each getting a filled toy box / extra extra bag of toys and a LOT of food for each family. It worked out better then anything I could have every hoped it to.

I'm trying to figure out now how to find other families who have lost a loved one also and build a box in the name to donate to another needy family. I can't afford to pay for every box but if the family would pay for the material... I'd build the box plus a cost of an engraved plate they'd like mounted as I did.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like they have become so much more than just toy boxes. They are truly treasure chests. They represent teasured memories for all those involved. Your work has made us all feel good !!! Thank you limitool. I my wife and my 4 year old son are planning to go to st judes hospital for children and give some of our time to see if we can help some way. Ive never done anything like this and im a little nervous, but its about time I gave back a little. I cant think of a better way to teach my son about giving back to people who need help. Its a lot easier than what youve done, but it is a start for us. Thanks for the inspiration. Ill let you know how it goes.
Merry christmas again from the michelini family.

Im learning quickly its not that simple. Cant just pop in and help out. Im trying shriners now. Seems I can donate my time there.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Come to the wood shop Dave... I'll let you give a 2nd opinion personally! (much better now :laughing7:)

Went to Publix this morning and there were so many people there. They unloaded all the boxes from a large single truck and had around 30+ grocery carts LOADED with food outside. The Franklin PD did the toy drive and the Rotary got the food. It was amazing watching all the vehicles lined up with each getting a filled toy box / extra extra bag of toys and a LOT of food for each family. It worked out better then anything I could have every hoped it to.

I'm trying to figure out now how to find other families who have lost a loved one also and build a box in the name to donate to another needy family. I can't afford to pay for every box but if the family would pay for the material... I'd build the box plus a cost of an engraved plate they'd like mounted as I did.

1st wow, you have a good heart, i know a couple of woodworkers, ill talk
to see if we can get the same idea/movement going here
:icon_cheers::icon_cheers:

easy enough, the media that is in contact with you, ask them to run that idea
on their radio, website, tv, or you buzz them that you want the word out

Merry Christmas to you

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was told that the Tennessean (Nashville paper) is planning on doing a front page story about the toy boxes, Franklin PD toy drive, Rotary food drive and the Franklin public in their paper. It's coming out Christmas morning. I truly hope it focuses on all the people who helped, the organizations and especially the general public who went over the top in filling the 14 boxes I gave the PD. Several people expressed interest in repeating this again and even expanding it. The District Governor of the Rotary (6760) and I talked and maybe we can get some monetary help to build a lot more boxes for next year.

0909... THANKS! Let me know if I can help you. And I definitely have the contacts now.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL and a huge special THANK YOU to all the T-Net members who PM'ed and offered to help me out!

Man builds toy boxes to collect for kids in need after mom, son killed by semi | WKRN News 2

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0iGi_bwf0RE Franklin Police Chief's thank you to the public a day ago (Deb Faulkner).

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread