About this time, 15 years ago, I was boarding a plane in route to Texas ...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hurt, crawling thru burning metal thinking I was going to die. I was under the north tower when it came down. I couldn't breathe . I was covered with blood and more that wasn't mine. I was in the first day of a nightmare. I was looking for brothers, sisters, moms, dads, friends. Most were found much later. some we never found a trace of, I know some were identified by DNA and had second funerals that the families kept to themselves. For weeks I didn't go to a funeral where there was a body in the casket, and I went to a lot.. When you see me on the beach detecting those are the thoughts going through my head. We will get through it, but we aren't going to forget it.
Ret. NYPD
Thank you for sharing Mike. I cannot imagine the hell you must have been in that day and have lived over and over many times since. Time heals physical wounds but emotional scars can be permanent. As you said... We Will Never Forget! My hats off to all first responders. It takes a true hero to put your life on the line daily.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I was hurt, crawling thru burning metal thinking I was going to die. I was under the north tower when it came down. I couldn't breathe . I was covered with blood and more that wasn't mine. I was in the first day of a nightmare. I was looking for brothers, sisters, moms, dads, friends. Most were found much later. some we never found a trace of, I know some were identified by DNA and had second funerals that the families kept to themselves. For weeks I didn't go to a funeral where there was a body in the casket, and I went to a lot.. When you see me on the beach detecting those are the thoughts going through my head. We will get through it, but we aren't going to forget it.
Ret. NYPD

God Bless you Mike for all you did, have done since and suffered on that day and and every day since that tragic day! I cannot imagine or even fathom what you went through and continue to go through every day of your' life. In the U.S. Army, we were instructed to salute any and all persons that wore the Congressional Medal Of Honor and the reasoning behind showing this respect to them. While it has been my honor to meet and salute a few of the well deserved recipients, you Sir, rank much higher in my' book and deserve the respect and salutes of each and every American including every Politician right up to the President of the United States! I salute you and thank you for all you did and have done since! While it is likely that you will never be awarded the true honor that you deserve in this life, you will surely be rightfully awarded in the next. May God and our' Lord Jesus Bless you and comfort you and may the Holy Ghost guide you through all the days of your' life!

Frank

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread