Colorado Springs, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
AT Pro Pointer
Kelllyco Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been spending some quality time with Google Earth, I have found some great places, old log cabin foundations/abandoned buildings, that I want to go check out. I will be getting an AT Pro next month (I can't wait) and I want to carry it in with me to some of the locations. At least one of the spots is a tough 5 mile hike one way. (planning on spending the night) others are .5 to 3 mile of "non vehicle" trails. I have a back pack that I use for my normal pack trips and I'm sure I can make room in it for the detector but I'd like to know what some of the "seasoned hunters" are using.

Like this :)
20160602_155122.jpg

Gravitytester

Feb 29, 2016
Navarre, Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine lab Excalibur I, Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on your price point. Uncle Sam was good enough to give me a Eberlestock G4 Operator Pack. With out a doubt a class act that will take a beating and never break stride. It has a rifle scabbard built in that will handle a detector just fine. They have civilian models available but they are not cheap in any sense of the word. There is also a company called Vorn Equipment that has backpacks with rifle scabbards. I have never used their stuff but they have a excellent reputation. Rifle Scabbards work great for carrying detectors, that's why I suggest packs with them built in.

Eberlestock
Vorn Equipment

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've used nothing but a JanSport frame with an Alice pack mounted on it. Been lugging that rig around for 35 years. The Alice packs are great, whatever frame you mount them on. Recently I've read some good stuff about Coleman's Peak 1 frame, too. Somewhat hard to find, but apparently good rigs.
Jim

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have an Army surplus store around or even some thrift shops you can probably find a frame style pack there.Don't get your hopes to high on the foundations I found some once and got all jazzed up about going then when I found the spot it turned out to be a feeding area for cattle and the foundation was an old hay barn just enjoy the hike above all else.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coach Stack

Coach Stack

Apr 5, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
AT Pro Pointer
Kelllyco Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe me I don't have high expectations, I have around 85 locations marked. I know that at least 60% are on private land and I will have to get permission just to get in. It's the hunt we love after all right?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe me I don't have high expectations, I have around 85 locations marked. I know that at least 60% are on private land and I will have to get permission just to get in. It's the hunt we love after all right?

Yep I love the hike in myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread