OP
OP
S

SwinneyCasting

Greenie
Sep 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't just select hunky 20 something year old males. Although there's nothing wrong there. Wouldn't it be interesting to find some old toads or toadettes for your program? Gives it a human feel.

We're definitely looking for all types of people! No specifics except we want them to be genuinely excited about treasure hunting! And a great personality is key of course. Definitely send in a submission and we'll be in contact!

rtp_guy

Jan 22, 2014
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Gold Monster 1000
Minelab CTX 3030
Fischer Gold Bug 2
Garrett AT Gold
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's MX5
Titan 9000
Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long will this casting be open for applications?

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I nominate GIB, Hobo, and myself. We can go to GIB's Fenn solve 1st, then Hobo's spot, you know, to build suspence, then go to my solve as the "Grand Finale" where we'll actually find the Treasure! MinerGirl..:)

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I would apply but I am probably getting too old for a TV show. I cannot do flips, climb trees, roll in the mud, & crawl through doghouses like i used to.

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah Crap. I wanted to be Famous. Maybe a Star on the Walk of Shame.
Well of course if selected for the show you'll be compensated for your time and appearance, but we're not looking for people who want to be famous or anything like that. Right now we're just in the casting phase, so specifics about "what you'll get" would be worked out with producers if selected.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a legend in my own mind... does that count ? :P

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, I nominate GIB, Hobo, and myself. We can go to GIB's Fenn solve 1st, then Hobo's spot, you know, to build suspence, then go to my solve as the "Grand Finale" where we'll actually find the Treasure! MinerGirl..:)

If we hit my spot first they will get to film the party- So, let's go to Hobo's first.

That way there will be some beautiful scenery and perhaps a little camping in the Rockies.

Whoever's solve proves correct will get a 2/3rds cut. (I'll split it up fairly)

Since we never met I'm imagining that this crew will look something like Grumpy Old Men meets the Golden Girls.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
A reverse request: How about first providing us with your:
"Full name
Your city and state of residence:
Brief bio:
A recent picture of you
Phone number(s) to reach you:
Your social media details (Facebook username, Instagram handle etc.):

Thank you for your time, we look forward to hearing from you!"
Don.......

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
An few important questions about compensation: Will prospective team members be compensated for time and expenses should the proposed show not be picked up by a cable network? Can you forward a copy of any and all standard contracts to me prior to any meeting? Is there yet a viable synopsis of your proposed show?

I ask because most proposed reality shows remain no more than that. Proposals. For every "Deadliest Catch" there are hundreds that never air an episode. A look at your website gives me the impression that you submit ideas to cable networks and advertising companies, producing little on your own. Of course, I could be reading your website wrong. I invite you to show that my perception is in error with a positive response to my first paragraph.

Time for coffee.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
This could very well be a scam. It could also be legit. There are many small companies that stay afloat simply by pitching ideas and proposals to companies that have the resources to make the ideas into product. From the scant information offered, I can not form an adequate opinion. I will base such an opinion on any answer to my previous post. Caution, as always, is best.

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new cable show on treasurer hunting, just what we need!:BangHead: (really need an Imogene of a smiley face shooting itself in the head).

Well I don't jump up and down ever time I get a beep nor do I do back flips when I recover the target (coin, ring, buckle, or bottle cap).
So I am not the type you are looking for.

Try hiring a couple of writers and put some creative into making a show, make it fiction, cast a couple of preteen hunting for some legendary lost treasure. Try and producing some real entertainment for once. Reality shows are nothing but a bearded lady. If you need a better reference look up P.T. Barnum.

p.s. I don't have cable or satellite, just an old fashion antenna.:occasion14:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
PM me, I got a (w)hole crew ready to deploy at a moments notice!

Attachments

• IMG_20160625_103019_281-1.jpg
    IMG_20160625_103019_281-1.jpg
    618.8 KB · Views: 59
  • The Crew.jpg
    The Crew.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
To be considered, or to nominate someone, please email us at [email protected] with the following information [**if you are nominating someone else, please be sure to include their contact info, as well**]:

Full name (If more than one team member, please list them all):
Your city and state of residence:
Brief bio:
A recent picture of you/your teammates:
Phone number(s) to reach you:
Do you have a valid passport? Y/N
Your social media details (Facebook username, Instagram handle etc.):

This is where they lose me. Maybe you want a social security number too?

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have done some work on a few TV shows (ie small parts or as an extra) and the casting directors always used gmail. Even when I was on bigger stuff like Sleepy Hollow it was always a gmail made up for that production. Here is a link to their IMDB page and their shows seem inline to metal detecting...This is Just a Test Productions [us]

Just dont give your SS# out. Most of that other stuff can be found from anywhere (ie look yourself up on spokeo). Most of the productions I worked with always wanted my height, weight, sizes, build, hair color, eye color, pictures, videos...never my address or SS# until they were writing the check.

Last edited:

lawsonland

Oct 1, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently use CTX, Excalibur
Have used V3I, DFX, BHID, ATX, Etrac, TDI, Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will we have to do cartwheels, make-up nicknames for stuff, jump around, hoot & holler when something is found?

OP
OP
S

SwinneyCasting

Greenie
Sep 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done some work on a few TV shows (ie small parts or as an extra) and the casting directors always used gmail. Even when I was on bigger stuff like Sleepy Hollow it was always a gmail made up for that production. Here is a link to their IMDB page and their shows seem inline to metal detecting...This is Just a Test Productions [us]

Just dont give your SS# out. Most of that other stuff can be found from anywhere (ie look yourself up on spokeo). Most of the productions I worked with always wanted my height, weight, sizes, build, hair color, eye color, pictures, videos...never my address or SS# until they were writing the check.

Definitely! We would never ask for SS# or any type of personal financial information (and if anyone ever requires that for television, do not comply as that is a scam) but the information in the submission form is basic contact and story info we would need to move forward in the casting.

And of course we will provide our contact information as well (phone numbers, office address, etc.) through private emails, just not on a message board for all to see as I'm sure you understand. Send in a submission and we'll be in contact! And thanks to those who already have emailed us - we're working on getting replies to you all and answering any questions you may have! THANKS!

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we hit my spot first they will get to film the party- So, let's go to Hobo's first.

That way there will be some beautiful scenery and perhaps a little camping in the Rockies.

Whoever's solve proves correct will get a 2/3rds cut. (I'll split it up fairly)

Since we never met I'm imagining that this crew will look something like Grumpy Old Men meets the Golden Girls.

Could be a do-able deal. Hopefully I'm not at the "Golden Girl" stage quite yet, however it concerns me a little that the camera adds 10 pounds! And those 10 pounds are never added to the right spots..Lol I'll bring my one daughter and son along (my other daughter, though a beauty, isn't keen on TV attention like her older sister. She says she just wants to be Normal..Haha) My son and daughter can distract the camera crew and bring in the teen thru 20's demographic and my son can carry the chest with one hand while packing in all our stuff and pushing and pulling his Mom up and down the Mountains..He's "Strong like Bull"...:)

Attachments

• CailinAvilaPier.jpg
    CailinAvilaPier.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Mikey.jpg
    Mikey.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread