GARRETT PIN POINTERS

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends on how you are using it And If you ever Got it Wet 1st try changing the Battery Garrets has a Great return policy I sent mine in when I had problems they replaced everything except the End Cap Then I Had the Water Mishap Bought A Water proof One No Problems

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes mine looses sensitivity half way through checking a hole. I'm completely not joking right now.

I need to turn it off and reset it, and it'll work fine. It's a carrot

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
They will retune themselves if left on for several minutes and get iffy. Mine gets turned off most times I set it down and I never carry mine on between holes.

If yours got dirty inside, I'd say send it in. It's a bear to take these apart.

OP
OP
68GTOFINDER

68GTOFINDER

Nov 21, 2013
St. Louis, Mo
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mines a carrot too. I've tried different batteries. I have not tried leaving it on to see if it resets. Sometimes when I turn it on it just goes off continuously.

I checked with the Company they said $20 to diagnose the problem & shipping. The cost for repair will be known once they diagnose it. So who knows what the cost will be.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes after I turn my carrot on it doesn't detect. I'll quick push the button once and it will turn on. It happens once in a while, it's not a huge deal, but annoying sometimes.

ODA 226

Jan 5, 2014
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Go Find 60
Land and Sea Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've sent TWO Garrett Carrots back for repair or replacement in the past EIGHT MONTHS! The first one developed holes at the tip after 6 months of use! Garrett sent a replacement and after FOUR months of use, it turns on BUT WON'T DETECT ANYTHING! WTF?! I've had a Garrett ProPointer for 3 years with ZERO issues! I'm pretty pissed off right now! Good thing I have 2 backup pinpointers!

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got the carrot too and I haven't had any real problems other than my battery going too low. I love mine.

The top wearing down is a problem for any pin pointer. There are many solutions from tool coatings to what I use, medical tape.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Against the wind,

I had the same problem with the Garrett Pin Pointer wearing out at the tip. To solve the problem, I went to Lowes (any hardware store) and purchased those rubber ends for stools or chairs. They are very thin, so little to no loss in sensitivity and last a long time...problem solved! :icon_thumright:

Regards,

Doc

JeremiahEdward

Aug 7, 2016
Williamsport, Pa
Detector(s) used
Nokta Velox One, Makro Racer(Red), Garret AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you sure that you're not accidentally pressing the button once while scanning the hole? That will "retune" it to the surrounding conditions and it loses sensitivity.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Garrett propointers 1 & 2 are famous for falsing especially over time. It is not till you get the Garrett carrot do they fix the falsing issue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions