get the hell out of here !!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and the wife went out for a drive and stopped at an old ranch near Wonder Valley. Some guy pulled up and said What are you doing. Oh we are enjoying the view here. He then asked where are you from with that look. He looked in the back of the car and told us you cant metal detect here. I know i told him i dont have permission. I then asked him have you had problems up here? He then said ok you flat landers get the hell out of here. I got mad and told him your gonna end up like the Dalton Brothers with that attitude. The ranch was their hideout before their death. I dream of looking around there but its not going to happen. My wife pulled out her phone and he asked what are you doing? Calling the Sheriff she said. Well he left in a hurry and we just went ahead and drove down the road. :dontknow:

i

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might coulda looked like the last fella he caught his wife with...... :laughing7:
That, or he may have been passing a kidney stone..... :dontknow:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Bottom Line: You handled it right. Idiots like that are unpredictable. Your wife was right to call the Sheriff. Me, I'd probably pick up the nearest brick, tire iron, shovel etc and then ask him what else he wanted to say. After his first word, his second word would OOOOOUUUUCCCHHHH.!!! :violent1::angry9: I'd a flattened his face for him. I hate :censored: like that. They just burn me. I'm a Peaceful type of guy but there are certain things that will set me off like this clown. Good Job. PEACE:RONB

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes when you try to Flatten a Face you could get Shot and the shooter has every right to defend his life if he thinks it was in Danger. Just saying, tough talk could get you in deep dodo.
Toolman Butch
Hi; Bottom Line: You handled it right. Idiots like that are unpredictable. Your wife was right to call the Sheriff. Me, I'd probably pick up the nearest brick, tire iron, shovel etc and then ask him what else he wanted to say. After his first word, his second word would OOOOOUUUUCCCHHHH.!!! :violent1::angry9: I'd a flattened his face for him. I hate :censored: like that. They just burn me. I'm a Peaceful type of guy but there are certain things that will set me off like this clown. Good Job. PEACE:RONB

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet he owns all the bridges too!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Did he own the ranch?

Was it public or private property?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Not everything is always as it seems. There is a possibility that the guy (et. al.) was involved with illegal drugs, or some other venture where he needed to keep people away. Your wife deserves kudos!! :thumbsup:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
If the Wonder Valley you mention is the one out Amboy Road, there are a lot of unique people out there. Most are good folks, but there is a larger than average percentage that are dangerously paranoid, not to mention the criminals of various stripes that make that area home. Just stay safe, and where you can do so legally, have personal protection in your holster.

Time for coffee.

edit: I probably mentioned the wrong Wonder Valley. Still, be safe. The mountains above Fresno are not all that friendly, either.

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your wife has a good head on her!! kudos to her!
Do you carry? Through my training, when someone approaches my vehicle, the pistol is laying in my lap Very visible. Almost always as soon as they see it their attitude does a complete 180 and they can't seem to be polite enough. Sorry to all the anti gunners etc. My life trumps all laws & opinions.

Bugalooob

Aug 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I wanted to see unique people I would go to the alpalatiom mountains( like in Deliverance), personally I would have clocked him with the tire iron under my seat

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
maybe he is a decendant of the daltons and owns the land --or bought it hoping to find the lost / hidden cashe himself --or he is a local hunter --wanting no one else around looking for it..clearly he is a crabby ole cuss..

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a prick

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, been approached by a few, "Who The Hell Are You People "
It Pisses them off when you ignore them or their silly questions. It gets even uglier when you tell them what you think of them or where they should go.
Congrats on standing your ground.

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Toolman Butch; I can trade fire for fire. I'll bet I'm much better trained than he is. A tire iron would be a precursor for sure. I use my back up blast. Point I make is to scare him off. He wants to get hard I can and will to. Trust me. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread