Own Website

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have researched before you opened it. I think you may be behind with the need to know.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is RTW?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi! My cousin and I just started our online RTW shop. We use Facebook and Instagram to sell our stuffs. Will it be beneficial for us to have our own website? Is it costly to have one? Please help!

Web sites can be very expensive when you start adding sales applications. You should budget at least $400.00 annually for a selling site, and that does not include promoting it. :skullflag:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Web sites can be very expensive when you start adding sales applications. You should budget at least $400.00 annually for a selling site, and that does not include promoting it. :skullflag:

... and that's if YOU build it. If you hire a designer or firm the numbers can get really crazy for an online store. I'm a web designer (part time) and know this from experience and from customers who thought they had to have an online store but weren't really ready for or able to maintain those stores. The designers were the ones who made the money.

If you have to ask the above question, then you probably aren't ready either.

As stated earlier, due diligence before opening the store would be wise.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RemedialTrainingWarranted

OP
OP
C

Charlene Ditzler

Tenderfoot
Jun 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I understand. Actually, I have closely read two websites below including forums:

Search Engine Marketing Services | DemandWave

SEO Tools | Analyse, Improve & Dominate the SERPs!

I myself agree that I am not fully prepared.And this is the reason why I keep asking questions. Anyway, once I have read and understand more details, I will get back to you soon. TY

... and if you spend there you'll be scammed.

Do your own research, never pay someone to do the SEO unless you're willing to be shut down for blackhat SEO. PM and I'll explain.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you make what you are selling then it might be more advantageous and certainly miles easier to open a shop on Etsy. I have had a shop there for a few years. They also have the option to use them to create your own website.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can do it yourself if you can write HTML, JavaScript, and some server code, like C#. Then you get a hosting account and create the website - add a shopping cart widget/plug-in and populate it. This is the cheapest and hardest way.

If you aren't a programmer, you have to rely on third-party hosting and design mechanisms - sometimes you start this way, learn what you need and then start your own. It's more complex than many people realize, but hosting companies can hide a lot of that complexity - but this also means that you are limited with what you can do.

Good luck!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I have used WIX.COM to build template sites. Pretty easy but limited depending on what you want to do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread