Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...or does this happen? I've been having the worst luck first my pointer broke, then my shovel holder broke, then my arm brace broke and now this. All this in a months time.
01044970571c14a2fdbb5832dd6a4ad1.jpg

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could be too hard on the equipment, but it could be just bad luck:BangHead:, and bad luck is almost follow by a string of good luck.:icon_thumright:
I suggest that you get off your butt and buy some lotto tickets, that good luck should be starting real soon.:hello2:

bilt46

Oct 11, 2008
around town
Detector(s) used
CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some glue and Heavy tape and you could be on your way...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I believe you are being a little careless with your gear. Take care of your gear and your gear will take care of you.

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No it happens to everyone with an AT pro for long enough.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to mention my job allows me to literally metal detect every day. I have a addictive personality. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on what you've broken in 4 weeks time, I would say yes!

Bugalooob

Aug 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are only two thin screws holding the pro to the rod, even with that in mid the control housing would need pretty good wack to knock it off like that...actually looking at your picture all you would need to fix it is to replace the screws with longer fatter ones...I stripped one of mine out (tighted it to much) and fixed it .solid as a rock...use a punch tool to knock the old screws out if they just want to turn and not come out

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are only two thin screws holding the pro to the rod, even with that in mid the control housing would need pretty good wack to knock it off like that...actually looking at your picture all you would need to fix it is to replace the screws with longer fatter ones...I stripped one of mine out (tighted it to much) and fixed it .solid as a rock...use a punch tool to knock the old screws out if they just want to turn and not come out

The 2 plastic pieces actually broke off. Do I need to order a whole other housing?

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used the PRO since 2012. The only issues I have had is connecting the coil or headphones. I don't like having to line up the connection pins. I never leave a detector in a car trunk where it can get bounced around. After locating a target, I gently place the detector alongside me before digging. All Terrain doesn't mean that you can toss it around or bang it against stationary objects. I find that if I treat a machine as if it is the only machine I have, then the machine will be ready for use the next time I want to use it.

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 2 plastic pieces actually broke off. Do I need to order a whole other housing?

Same exact thing happened to mine. A new control box housing is the way to go. Mine was under warranty.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used the PRO since 2012. The only issues I have had is connecting the coil or headphones. I don't like having to line up the connection pins. I never leave a detector in a car trunk where it can get bounced around. After locating a target, I gently place the detector alongside me before digging. All Terrain doesn't mean that you can toss it around or bang it against stationary objects. I find that if I treat a machine as if it is the only machine I have, then the machine will be ready for use the next time I want to use it.

I'm not hitting baseballs with it, I think the plastic pieces are cheap.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's out of warrantee, I'd get a couple of the two tab plastic conduit straps, and through drill the case and attach them with bolts & nuts. If you go to the big box home centers look by the gray electrical stuff. This fix is cheap and adds support for the case so if it gets hit from the side, it won't twist off the rod. I'm sorry but two little screws a 1/4" into plastic is a design flaw in my book.

Note this is how I fixed an old bounty hunter (aluminum case) back in the 1980s. It got handed down to two adults, three kids and one grandkid. So if it'll hold that it should hold your head case for years.

Rustynailsandscrews

Sep 26, 2014
Salem, NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and a BH 505 that I let friends and relatives I don't like use.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do I have to send it to them?

I sent the control box only. Since I was sending it in I also requested that it be checked for correct operation. I had it back in about a week. Garrett described it as a simple fix. It came back to me just like new. Give them a call. It maybe something you can do yourself.

Last edited:

Bugalooob

Aug 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you that the plastic pieces are cheap, that's why I don't take it underwater not even the coil...in fact I have a rain cover over the control housing...If I wanted to submerge a detector underwater I would get a dedicated underwater detector like the tesoro stingray 2...that had really thick plastic and built like a tank.....my advice to you is to get a new box housing or if its out of warranty try the JB weld method build up the nippels that broke off with JB,and drill out a holes for the screws to go though

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sent the control box only. Since I was sending it in I also requested that it be checked for correct operation. I had it back in about a week. Garrett described it as a simple fix. It came back to me just like new. Give them a call. It maybe something you can do yourself.

Sounds good I'll give them a call. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread