OT/ HUMOR: THE NEON YELLOW DEER

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE NEON YELLOW DEAR

This is a true story about an adventure I had with my digging partner Rob Benham a few years ago. Well, one day me and Rob were detecting in the woods at Douglas, Mass. As we were taking a break from digging we hear BOOM, BOOM, BOOM. It was hunters in the woods as it was hunting season. As we are standing there we hear the booms again. Rob walks up onto a ledge near the side of the woods where we heard the booms coming from, stands there and starts making Turkey calls as loud as he could.!!! REAL BRIGHT.!!! :BangHead: I yelled at him, What are you trying to do ?? Get us shot ?? He came down and we resumed detecting.
A little while passes and we decide to wrap it up. As we are leaving we meet 2 hunters. We start talking and they said,” We heard what we thought was a turkey but we were too busy hunting our deer to check it out.” I almost passed out. :dontknow: :icon_pale: :censored:
During this dig we were both wearing bright yellow shirts. The store did not have any Orange ones. The hunters said we were lucky we didn’t get shot. To which I said, When is the last time you guys saw a Neon Yellow Deer ?? You may not want to shoot a Neon Yellow Deer. It may explode.!!! They laughed. Then, me being on a roll said, You may not want to eat the meat from a Neon Yellow Deer. It may do strange things to you.!!! You may wake up the next day with 3 heads, 5 arms and 7 legs.!!! They cracked up. :toothy1:
Then I asked them to let the other guys know there are 2 nuts running around in the woods wearing Neon Yellow Shirts. Then I handed them a Hunting License I had found earlier. They knew who the Owner was and would get it back to him. We then parted. A good time was had by all.
So the next time your in the woods hunting PLEASE don’t shoot any Neon Yellow Dear ok. PEACE:RONB :laughing7:

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
...And what if there's a colorblind hunter?? :tongue3:

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This past weekend VMIDigger and I went out to locate a site I'd been researching. It's located in a game management area. After me screwing up directions and eating up at least 30 mins of hunting time we finally arrived...waaaay back in the woods on a forest service road. When we exited our vehicles VMIDigger mentioned something about whether the area was open for hunting. I told him not according to my info. Next thing we hear is a rifle shot way off in the distance. He commented it may be someone target practicing. Of course we didn't have anything but nice woodsy colored clothing! As we worked our way into the woods we later heard several more shots at a distance this time from shotguns. VMIDigger didn't say anything about them, but I'm sure in the back of his mind was the thought, first he gets us lost and now he'll get us shot!!

BTW, the hunt was unproductive in regards to finds, modern junk and bullets. We did locate some good clues to further help locate the target site. And VMIDigger, I double checked. The whole area is/was closed for hunting but will open up a few times over the next month (with one day being this coming Sat). I got that much right! LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi kcm; Only one thing to say about that : "DUUUUUCCCKKKK" PEACE:RONB :laughing7:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I learned many years ago that coin hunting was much safer than bird hunting. I guess I've been fortunate that I haven't run into any hunters when I'm detecting.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi kcm; Wrong Duck.!!! :laughing7: PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread