OT/ MORE HUMOR: THE GREAT MUD BATH

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE GREAT MUD BATH
The following is a true story about an adventure I had a few years ago while out detecting with my partner Rob Benham in Pepperhill, MA.
We started detecting at a Colonial Tavern we had permission to hunt. We stated at the top of the hill that was plowed and started working our way down hill. The bottom section was about split by a 4’ wide creek. When we got near the bottom we decided to try and jump across the creek where it narrowed a bit. Well, I tried to jump across and promptly landed flat on my face covered in mud. :BangHead: :censored:
Rob decided to walk down a way and cross at the small bridge there. He made his way back to me detecting as he came back toward me. When he got to me I was cussing, covered in mud. While I tried to pull myself together Rob searched the area where I fell. Sure enough he got a signal, dug down and pulls out a Silver Chain Mail Purse. Then he looked inside and it had 4 $1 Gold Pieces in it. An 1851, an 1852 & 2 1853’s, 2 Large Cents, one of which was a 1780’s Connecticut Copper and a Seated Liberty Dime.!!!! All were in XF - AU Condition.!!!
:help:
The killer is that when we looked at where he had dug, there was my hand print outlined clear as day in the mud.!!! I was real ticked after that one. It killed me. !!! :censored: :angry9:

Rob is one of the “luckiest” guys you will ever meet. We went digging with 2 other guys from the Club. We all have 10+ years In Field Experience ok. We all spread out in one area and decided to meet back in an hour. We discovered that between 3 of us we had only one broken buckle. When Rob came back he had a 1674 King William Farthing, a 1600’s thin frame buckle Intact. And several buttons. Go figure the odds of that happening. Anyways, Me & Rob have had a lot of great adventures together with his wife Gloria in tow. Enjoy. We do. PEACE:RONB

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story Ron!! What are the odds?

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well.... all I've said it's better to be lucky than good.... You can beat good / skill but you can't beat luck.. EVER, period!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread