A MD finds WWII explosives in a park. Italy.

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys.
Friday i was at my usual spot in the park near where i live in Italy. It was late and getting dark when i found two metal boxes. I quickly posted them on TNet to have an opinion on what they could be. As expected nobody answered or commented so i decided to open one of them. Afterwards i was more convinced that they were some kind of explosives. I put them back where i found them and got back home.
Paleomax on Tnet suggested that they could be German Schu mine 42 from WW2 but I was still in doubt. It was Nhbenz that hit the nail on the head, they were two Geballte Ladung 3kg used for demolition. The next morning i went back to the park worried incase someone had touched them, I checked them again and I had no more doubts that they were Geballte Ladung 3kg. I decided to call the police, you know, they are Italian policemen and they began taking photos to post on their facebook. They were very relaxed until their chief asked them to put the explosives in the car and take them to the police station. They responded that it was wiser to call the blasters and so they did. The blasters told them that they were not dangerous but if they exploded the damage range could be 300 meters. Half of the park was sealed by police tape, journalists couldn't miss this event and now I'm on the newspapers.
View attachment 1361289
View attachment 1361290

Sorry, the newspaper is only is only in italian.

Ritrovato eslosivo della seconda guerra mondiale al Parco di Monza

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Wow! BTW - after getting to the page it gave me the option of translating the story to English. Thanks for sharing...

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Wow! BTW - after getting to the page it gave me the option of translating the story to English. Thanks for sharing...

Thanks for watching mate!

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad nobody got hurt and that the bomb disposal unit was able to remove it without a problem.
About 2 or 3 years ago, in Central Park, New York City, a tourist jumped off a rock and landed on an explosive device. It caused enough damage to his leg, that an amputation below the knee was necessary.
NYPD speculated that the make shift bomb was improperly disposed of and not a deliberate attempt by anyone to hurt someone. An experiment gone bad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad nobody got hurt and that the bomb disposal unit was able to remove it without a problem.
About 2 or 3 years ago, in Central Park, New York City, a tourist jumped off a rock and landed on an explosive device. It caused enough damage to his leg, that an amputation below the knee was necessary.
NYPD speculated that the make shift bomb was improperly disposed of and not a deliberate attempt by anyone to hurt someone. An experiment gone bad.

The funny thing is that the policeman were joking and posting pics on FB. Than the chief called them back and explained what it was all about. He asked them to put the boxes on their car and send to him. The policeman became very serious and they were not joking any more. They refused to put them on the car.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep chuckling thinking about the Carabanari goofing off until boss man says hey put that into your car and drive it to the station! I love your take off quote form Churchill's speech :laughing9:

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep chuckling thinking about the Carabanari goofing off until boss man says hey put that into your car and drive it to the station! I love your take off quote form Churchill's speech :laughing9:

One of them said; No,no,nooo I want to get back home to my wife tonight :laughing7:
Thanks mate. The first time I heard his speech was when I had 7 years and listening to Iron maiden :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread