Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leaving 5 am for jupiter inlet. Cant figure out whats going on with the beaches in vero. Couldnt get any beachside hotels to answer the phone. Do a little day trip to san miguel sight. My friend from highschool owns a beach concession business there and his employee found a gold religous medallion from the wreck. No metal detector just saw it in the sand while he was working. Trying to book a hotel room for next weekend in vero. Wish someone will answer.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know much about the site never detected there before. I do know that some great finds have been made there both in the water and on the beach. Ill see if I can get a photo of this medallion. Should be able to find the medallion spot to within a 20foot radius. I can treasure wish or treasure hunt. I prefer the latter.

mr etrackr

Nov 23, 2008
Jacksonville Fl
Detector(s) used
minelab CTX-3030 , explorer SE & excall 1000, excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
havnt posted on here for a good while.... I have moved back to Jacksonville Fl. from Tx. havnt done much hunting since moving back,,, but it has been my dream to find Spanish treasure. yes,,, I have recovered over a pound in gold jewelry from the florida coastlines but nothing over 300 years old !! this I believe will be the best chance!!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup its gonna be good. View attachment 1367864
This is the boardwalk in vero near jaycee beach park. Already rumors of emarlds being found in one spot. And gold coins in another. Wont give the details until I know its true or bull. Any way all locals are out and about hunting like mad. 6-8 ft drop to the beach in a lot of vero. All this info is from my friends so well see. Im going next thursday - sunday. I hunted all day long at the jupiter inlet wrecksite beach. Although there was a big dune cut down the beach, at the wrecksite proper a lot more sand needs to come off. 25 year lifeguard says he has seen " quite a few people find treasure coins here. 5 year lifeguard says he has seen people find them too. They both said that there calling for onshore winds, heavy surf , and bad beach erosion. Saying that next weekend it will be cut bad. Heres the cut 3/4 of a mile from the spot.
View attachment 1367870
Heres a pic of some newly exposed rocks
photo-144.JPG
Looking south from inlet at new exposed rocks and beach cut. photo-143.JPG
And no I didnt find any treasure , I did find one nice iron san miguel spike or whats left of it. And of course the typical clad change and assorted crap. Oh ya did find a wheatie. Ill take a pic of spike and post it now. Just done cleaning.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres the spike and the other stuff. photo-149.JPG
photo-148.JPG
photo-147.JPG
I call the rust chips counterfit cobs. I tune them but I cant stop myself from picking them up when I eyeball them.
photo-146.JPG
Ok someone show me some Matthew treasure finds. !!! I think I owe someone 5$

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time I found a rust chip, thought I had hit it big.

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove on by Jaycee park because all of the access steps were taped off with " Do not cross " police type tape , and there were turtle egg signs everywhere. So I drove on up to Wabasso beach. While unloading the car , I saw Aquachigger (sp) leaving. Said hey , but should have asked him how he did. Walked a good mile or so north on the beach with my Son and Wife detecting any dry sand they could find with his Tesoro Compadre , while I used my Excal II in the wet sand. Got past the metal seawall and found an interesting spot with some minor low places and plenty of shells showing. Found a couple of pieces of old canslaw , rusty nails , and one bullet casing. The Wife and Son team found a fishing lure , nails , and some sunburn. At least I can sleep easy knowing we went over and gave it a shot. The trip was not however , a total loss. I got my teenage Son out of the house , with detector in hand ! It's been awhile. And , I got my Wife to swing a detector for the first time ! And the icing on the cake , my Wife says " You need to buy me my own detector. " ! Now I just need to decide if "she" wants a CTX-3030 or one of the other water detectors I've been considering over the last few years. She wont care which one I buy , as long as I paint some of the parts on there hot-pink. Hope someone on here had better luck than we did. HH

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove on by Jaycee park because all of the access steps were taped off with " Do not cross " police type tape , and there were turtle egg signs everywhere. So I drove on up to Wabasso beach. While unloading the car , I saw Aquachigger (sp) leaving. Said hey , but should have asked him how he did. Walked a good mile or so north on the beach with my Son and Wife detecting any dry sand they could find with his Tesoro Compadre , while I used my Excal II in the wet sand. Got past the metal seawall and found an interesting spot with some minor low places and plenty of shells showing. Found a couple of pieces of old canslaw , rusty nails , and one bullet casing. The Wife and Son team found a fishing lure , nails , and some sunburn. At least I can sleep easy knowing we went over and gave it a shot. The trip was not however , a total loss. I got my teenage Son out of the house , with detector in hand ! It's been awhile. And , I got my Wife to swing a detector for the first time ! And the icing on the cake , my Wife says " You need to buy me my own detector. " ! Now I just need to decide if "she" wants a CTX-3030 or one of the other water detectors I've been considering over the last few years. She wont care which one I buy , as long as I paint some of the parts on there hot-pink. Hope someone on here had better luck than we did. HH

Glad you got out there and gave it a go. Im going up with the wife and kid this weekend. Its her birthday and we were going anyway. Only difference is that my kid is only 4 and can't quite dig yet. It wont be long though. !!!

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck ! It's pretty cool when the little ones start getting their first finds ! Hope you have better luck on the Treasure Coast than I did.

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition
Man, Ive never seen more metal detectors in my life! The day after the storm and they are everywhere... Grids laid out, staking claims, you name it. busy day!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owe toolmanbutch 5$ I had a great long weekend trying to bring home some booty. I hit a lot of spots wobasso , mclarty museum , riomar , sandy point. I really didnt find much. Like everyone said just not the right setup yet. King tide and heavy surf are tearing up the beaches right now though. Oh well time to check some keys spots again. Hopefully this king tide is working for me. Tide is so high we have a flood watch in effect. Ill go back soon and check again. Gotta keep trying.

beasy324

Oct 12, 2013
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
With Garrett pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I take it nobody had any luck or is not opening their mouth about finding anything of value after the hurricane?

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I take it nobody had any luck or is not opening their mouth about finding anything of value after the hurricane?

Hey beasy I didn't find any but others did. Go to beach and shallow water and check the thread " looking for advice on the treasure coast" couple good pics there.a friend of mine did find 4 cobs but does not want to post any pics. Im sure many others feel the same way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions