Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the white stuff. I just retired. Snow used to mean, forced overtime. I worked for NYC Transit. We had to keep the stations clear of snow. My guys did a great job but I'm not going to miss being out there.

Glad to hear you retired! And yes, snow removal is not a fun job at all. I'll have to check the snowblower and make sure it's ready for winter because I'm NOT doing it by hand haha!

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very seldom do we we see snow in my neck of the woods, but if it's any consolation to you, we are expecting Hurricane Mathew this weekend. Hopefully he'll stay of the coast like they are predicting

Ouch, that's no good. I hope it blows itself out or at least away from the coast. Stay safe

OP
OP
Gridwalker306

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
J. Cache,

It's staying fairly mild in my area......I'll try to find a few more keepers to share before getting shut down.

Regards + HH

Bill

Good luck, I hope you can make the most of the time you have left this year.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sympathies. There have been years here where we have our first significant snowstorm in late October, so my snowblower is tuned and ready to go.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I love it when the snow comes!! Only thing is, I wish there could be at least a couple of weeks between the summer temps and the onset of winter. Down in Texas, we had Spring, Summer, Summer and Fall - no Winter. Here, we have Spri, Summe, F, Winter, Winter, and Winter. (<-- not mis-spellings :tongue3:)

DigToChina

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2016
GTA East, Ontario
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher F2, ProPointer AT
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475733372.772983.jpg

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the white "stuff". :(

When that happens i usually hit (detect) the plowed snow in parking lots, people still drop stuff, summer or winter!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was born and raised in Michigan. I lived their till I was 38 and then moved to Tennessee. I'm 61 now and don't regret it at all. It took me a LONG time to get used to winters here in TN. That's because THEY DON'T HAVE ONE!!!! Now the long time locals here say they do.... But after 38 years in Michigan... I KNOW WHAT A "WINTER" IS!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread