In MEMORIUM: MAJIK, MAMA, BUCKLEY

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; My last cat Majik, Mama, Buckley died today after a short illness. She was a beautiful cat with a large bushy tail We called her feather duster. She lived a full cat life. She was 17 Human years old and had 24 kittens.She is sorely missed by us all. She loved to come and sit beside you and start "talking" to you as though she was having a perfectly normal conversation with you. She would meow for ten minutes straight and if you said anything like "I know Mama, Is that so." she would meow for another ten minutes. It was hilarious to watch her. She is in Heaven now "talking" with God. We miss you dearly. We will always hold you in our hearts Mama. R.I.P. :'( :leprechaun-hat:

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Ron, I'm sorry for your loss.

Lost my 3 last year, got 3 kittens, now a year old, to replace them. I do believe the kittens saved Mom's life. She was grieving terribly. Now she's back alive cussing the cats! Mom's 90.

Keep the faith

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; This is gonna be hard to get used to not having a cat here. I've had at least one cat constantly over the last 25 years. NO MORE. This hurts to much. No more pets. I'm done. It's strange to not buy cat food when I go food shopping OR to not have to change the litter box 2x a week. This is gonna hurt for a while. Thanks for the encouragement. PEACE:RONB :sad10:

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry for your loss. I hope you decide to get another one. So many need to be rescued. Get two they can keep each other company. When we had to put our dog down we waited about 3 months and then we ended up getting a Brother and Sister.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ron.... Got get another cat or a pair from the shelter... Let the other one "go" soon and continue your love and devotion for it go forward toward another. It will be good for you, family and the new incoming member.

Since Jan. 1994 we have lived on this ridge top in rural Hickman Co. TN. People are so cruel. They drop dogs off in our area and their on their own then. We've taken in 20+ dogs and this isn't even counting the puppies that were birthed here afterwards. We take them in, feed, water, fix, frontline and get all their shots and homes for the puppies.

The hardest "take-in" was a pair of feral young male brothers running wild. They lived off road kill close to our home and would NOT approach any human. We started to supply food and worked them both to within a 1/4 mile of our home on a regular basis. Then we started to give them bones and better items to lure them closer up the ridge away from the highway.

We named them Ike & Mike. Mike is 95% totally domesticated and Ike is 90% after 4 years. They stay inside, sleep by me and are totally housebroken. But they still live on the edge of "wild" when even mildly confronted. It will always be a delicate balance between us. But they love the attention, food and want to be loved. But for some reason they hang onto their wild side. Reminds me... OF ME!!!!

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I will NEVER get another pet. I'm done. I figure I'm to old now and if something happens to me it would not be fair to the new pet. I don't want that on my conscience. THAT would be to much to bear for me so I'm done with pets. Thanks for the advice. PEACE:RONB

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry for the loss of your cat, and a dear part of the family Ron.

We haven't gotten any more pets since ours has passed on, i don't know if i can stand the sadness of losing one any more.
I feed the stray cats in the neighborhood instead.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; This is gonna be hard to get used to not having a cat here. I've had at least one cat constantly over the last 25 years. NO MORE. This hurts to much. No more pets. I'm done. It's strange to not buy cat food when I go food shopping OR to not have to change the litter box 2x a week. This is gonna hurt for a while. Thanks for the encouragement. PEACE:RONB :sad10:

I am so sorry about the loss of your cat. I felt that way myself when I lost my 19 year old cat, Murphy. She was my best friend and buddy and I couldn't imagine caring that much ever again for a cat. I threw out her toys and dishes and litter boxes and decided there would be no more cats. I lasted exactly one week and then started "visiting" the local shelters, not to adopt, just to pet the cats. Except after a couple of visits I came across a scared barely grown cat who had been surrendered, then adopted, then returned and then languished in a cage for six weeks. She had just about run out of time before she would be considered unadoptable and euthanized and I knew within ten minutes she was going home with me. That was five years ago and she still has PTSD issues from her early trauma, and it has taken all these years before she will even sit next to me, but she is exceptionally well behaved and easy to care for. I don't feel the same about her as I did Murphy, but I am happy to have her and to have saved her life.

Give it some time and then consider a shelter cat. You don't really need to love them, you just need to give them a good home.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions