JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejón Black with a 5.75 concentric coil,
Tesoro Compadré 5.75 coil, Makro Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my Outlaw today and it is broken. Now I'm thinking of just sending back in trade for the Vaquero. What do y'all think? I have used the Vaq and i don't really care for the 8x9 concentric coil. Anyone here like the Vaq Black? I might consider it and order a separate coil with it. The outlaw came sealed up, when i opened the box i seen the toggle switch was broken clean off the machine. So I continued and assembled it to find that it was acting retarted when i tried to ground balance it. After a few minutes i realized the ground balance pot was all smurfed up as well. When i gently wiggle it the machine goes nuts!

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
F4, tesoro vaquero, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you the original owner of it? Did you order it from a company or private party? Tesoro is a good company and stand behind there detectors. I just purchased the black vaquero I did not have the depth that other machines had so I called Tesoro and talked to Rusty. He is a good man give him a call. I sent my V in to get looked at he thinks the coil may have a problem.
I here good things about the outlaw I almost got one instead of the vaquero.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wonder about the quality control there now. I was iffy on getting the outlaw but after hours of research i went for it. Today was the grand finally and the thing came out the box broke. Ground balance pot and the three way toggle switch.You wouldn't think that the quality between the two would vary any. I mean they are mechanically identical. Different circuitry. I am second guessing it whole thing now. Vaq or another outlaw? Also i have spoken with the reps at Tesoro, they are all great folks. I don't doubt it one bit that they stand behind there products. My buddy bought a Vaq last week and it didn't have a battery with it. Again, that is two machines within a block from each other missing something or broken. I bought mine from a dealer. Best bang for the buck is the compadre. I have heard of the issue you are having. Kind of sucks because what if you didn't know any better. You would just be stuck with it thinking it was supposed to be that way.

Last edited:

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
F4, tesoro vaquero, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the quality control is not slipping... I loved the vaquero. Only played with it for 2-3 weeks before calling about it.I hope they fix it. If it only gets 2" deeper than my F4 I will be disappointed to say the least. Time will tell. Tesoro has very nice detectors. For the price they can't be beat. I almost went with the outlaw for the coil package deal they had going. But the vaquero's depth pulled me in.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a bummer when something finally arrives only to show up damaged. You may have received a machine that was damaged during shipping which has nothing to do with Quality Control at the factory.
You are dealing with a company that's stands behind it's products. If your dealer is willing to take back the machine and work with you on changing your original order, I would stay with him. If not, I would find another dealer to do business with.

OP
OP
J

JoeDirty

Oct 7, 2016
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dealer is great. The box was unmolested never opened.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread