Ever give up something you love doing? Like scuba diving and detecting

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been diving since 1972 with over 2,000 hours of diving for shellfish alone. Government and town regulations put a stop to me years ago. I bought a hookah for inshore diving. Then a u-boat job came along a few years back. So I sold my hookah and bought new top of the line dive gear for that u-boat job. Then that fell thru. Now someone is interested in all my new gear. I never used it. But It just brings me to tears knowing it must go. Everything has been working against me these last few years. I've tried getting back into diving and detecting. But theirs no place I fit in. So if i'm not diving 24/7. Then my gear must go. My diving days will be done. A job you have pride in what you built or make. But theirs nothing like diving. Your in a whole new unspoiled peaceful world. Theirs nothing like it! It's the unknown,a part of past and present. It has so much to offer. I feel it's so different, that it could cure the sick. It's that powerful. And their so much their to learn. Some day this could be you giving up something you love. So be safe and enjoy what you have while you still have it. Frankie

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been diving since 1972 with over 2,000 hours of diving for shellfish alone. Government and town regulations put a stop to me years ago. I bought a hookah for inshore diving. Then a u-boat job came along a few years back. So I sold my hookah and bought new top of the line dive gear for that u-boat job. Then that fell thru. Now someone is interested in all my new gear. I never used it. But It just brings me to tears knowing it must go. Everything has been working against me these last few years. I've tried getting back into diving and detecting. But theirs no place I fit in. So if i'm not diving 24/7. Then my gear must go. My diving days will be done. A job you have pride in what you built or make. But theirs nothing like diving. Your in a whole new unspoiled peaceful world. Theirs nothing like it! It's the unknown,a part of past and present. It has so much to offer. I feel it's so different, that it could cure the sick. It's that powerful. And their so much their to learn. Some day this could be you giving up something you love. So be safe and enjoy what you have while you still have it. Frankie

If you don't mind me asking how much are you selling it for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Ever give up something you love doing?"....

Yep... Between 1990 - 1993 I shot tournament archery on a professional level. I did this while holding down a full time job at GM in Kalamazoo MI. I shot the Las Vegas indoor tournament in 92 & 93 in the professional division. Both times I broke into the top 10 of the possible 50 spots allowed entering into the finals on the final day. Both times I ended up 31st. So... I knew how to shoot the scores with the best in the world but I didn't know how to "win" at that level.

98% of readers here won't understand that last statement but that's as simple as I can state it...?

In regards to your post heading... I walked away COLD TURKEY on Jan. 1st. 1994 and never shot another tournament again. I moved from MI. to TN. with 5 children to a new job and needed to refocus. I walked away from my sponsors, coach and practice facility. To this day I have NEVER shot another tournament no matter the size.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes we have to look at the things we love with an optomistic and unbiased view of what is best for us.
Giving up what we love is never easy, nessary, but not easy.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth 1253, two things.

1) Only Charter Members are allowed to sell here, asking for prices is likely to get frankie in trouble if he responds.
2) WHO MAN... Way to kick the guy when he's down! *shocked* LOL

And to frankie... DUDE... So sorry things aren't going your way. Life is definitely like that. Ups and downs. I wish you the best, and hope you have some commercial success come your way so your passion can continue to be funded...

Skippy

Sorry lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've given up working on my own cars. Even rebuilt an engine once. So just to change the rear bank of plugs on my current car, you have to undo the two front motor mounts, hoist the engine forward about 4" and then climb on TOP of the engine to get to the rear plugs.

No way. Paid somebody yesterday to do it. It hurts too much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread